cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phildrake198
Level: Powered On

Object reference error via DocuSign connection

I'm trying to add recipients to an existing envelope via a PowerApp I've created but I keep receiving this "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when I actually run it. In preview there are no errors with my statement. I noticed that there is an option for "{signers:Table}" at the end of the statement if I want to add it but I can find no documentation on this. Here is my statement without the specific values I used. Is this syntax incorrect or do I need to add that "signers:Table" to it?:

OnSelect: DocuSign.AddRecipientToEnvelope(<accountId>, "<envelopeId>", "<some name>", "<some email address>")

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Object reference error via DocuSign connection

Hi @phildrake198 ,

Firstly, I suggest you refer Microsoft Official document about this. Others may not be very precise.

The parameters of this functions are:

Parameters

Name Key Required Type Description
Account
accountId True string

Account id

Envelope
envelopeId True string

Envelope id

Signer Name
AddRecipientToEnvelopeName True string

The name of the recipient.

Signer Email
AddRecipientToEnvelopeEmail True string

The email of the recipient.

Signing Order
routingOrder   string

The signing order of the recipient in the document.

Role
roleName   string

The role of the signer.

The "Signing Order" and "Role" are not required.

So the formua that you listed is right.

You do not need to add "signers:Table" to it.

Just make sure that you use right data.

Here'a doc about this function for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/docusign/#add-recipient-to-an-envelope

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
phildrake198

Thanks. I know I'm using the correct accountid and templateid because when I use those same values in a GetRecipientStatus call, it works perfectly. So that leaves AddRecipientToEnvelopeName and AddRecipientToEnvelopeEmail. I'm simply using my own name and email for those values so I'm sure it's right. I've tried with and without quotes, tried changing the name and email but I get "object reference not set to an instance of an object" every time. What am I missing?

phildrake198

Sorry, I meant to say envelopeid instead of templateid.

phildrake198

So I also decided to try adding new contacts (which are recipients) in DocuSign just in case the issue was that the recipient name/email in the request did not exist in DocuSign. That made no difference. I also ensured that my envelope was in a draft state. I'm not sure what else to check. I tried a SendDraftEnvelope request for the same envelopeid and that worked just fine so I'm sure there's something missing in my request but I can't figured out what.

phildrake198

Just wanted to let you know that I contacted DocuSign and they said that the DocuSign trial account doesn't support integrations and had me setup a Sandbox environment instead. So I did that but now I get a different error with this function:

"unable to parse response JObject"

Ever seen that before? I can't find anything on stackoverflow about it and DocuSign has next to no documentation on their error codes and I can't find anyone who has successfully run this AddRecipientToEnvelope function successfully.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,854)