cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ausnik
Level: Powered On

Obtaining extra PowerApps environments for development beyond the Production and Sandbox environment `

I would like to create separate PowerApps development Environments for our customers as we customise our ISV managed solution for each implementation. Can anyone explain licensing and how I obtain extra environments beyond the 2 Sandbox and Production environments of a Dynamics 365 subscription? Thanks in advance for for any guidance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Obtaining extra PowerApps environments for development beyond the Production and Sandbox environment'

What exactly do you mean by managed?

Have you checked out the the Admin and Maker Connectors for PowerApps and perhaps more specifically the Connector Browser tool shared on that site?

There is also quite a cool series of blogs posted on the Dynamics community site:

Demystifying PowerApps Environments

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Obtaining extra PowerApps environments for development beyond the Production and Sandbox environment `

Hi @ausnik ,

Do you want to create anoterh environments?

Your license determines whether you can create environments.

createenvironment.PNG

More information:

environments-overview

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Obtaining extra PowerApps environments for development beyond the Production and Sandbox environment `

Thanks for posting in the community @ausnik - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

ausnik

Re: Obtaining extra PowerApps environments for development beyond the Production and Sandbox environment'

Thanks for taking the time to reply - my question was in the context of an organisation not an individual license. I have found that if an Orgnisation / tenant has 10 X P2 licenses, then the tenant can have 20 environments.

I am still determining how these can be managed at an Organisation level....not a User level, and if anyone has any experience, I would be grateful for any info or pointers to information.

What exactly do you mean by managed?

Have you checked out the the Admin and Maker Connectors for PowerApps and perhaps more specifically the Connector Browser tool shared on that site?

There is also quite a cool series of blogs posted on the Dynamics community site:

Demystifying PowerApps Environments

View solution in original post

ausnik

Thanks for those really excellent links - it will take me a little time to assimilate all the info there. But to answer question "What do I mean by "managed"....

I am trying to set up "quarantined" app development environments each shared by maybe 2-3 app developers working on the same app in an Environment. Each app has it's own Environment to prevent interdependency of apps - apps are mostly Model Driven. The apps would then be deployed using packaging to production. System administrator to manage access to each App development environment. 

I suspect the answer is in the links you kindly provided - many thanks 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,517)