cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Migrated_User
Level 10

Office 365 Profile Information - getting user manager

Content migrated from TechNet.  Post attribution to:  Hilary Stoupa

Hi - I am trying to follow this tutorial on connecting PowerApps to the Office 365 user profile data. I can get my own data or that of another user.

I can't get my Manager information. I've got the manager field filled out in my user profile in the SharePoint Admin Center in Office 365.

The error text is:

The service returned an error: office365users!Manager: {"status":404, "message": "No user found with the specified id.", "source": "127.0.0.1"}

I'm not sure how to debug this - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Error message

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Migrated_User
Level 10

Re: Office 365 Profile Information - getting user manager

So - upon review with an MS Support Engineer, it appears the issue is that to use .Manager or .DirectReports, I need to have Azure Active Directory set up. This makes sense - I had assumed these functions would be using my SharePoint user profile information, but they are not.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Migrated_User
Level 10

Does TextBox2 contain the email address (e.g., someone@example.com) of the user you want?

Migrated_User
Level 10

Thanks for the response. Yes, it does. I used the same email address with office365users.UserProfile to return the user's display name and to verify I had a correct email address.

Highlighted
Migrated_User
Level 10

Does it work if you add a text-input box (e.g., TextInput1), type the full email address (without quotation marks) in TextInput1, and update the formula in the text box to this?

office365users.Manager(TextInput1.Text).DisplayName

Migrated_User
Level 10

So - I may be misunderstanding you - but to set the default text for TextInput1, I have to have quotes around the text or I get an error there. Here are some screenshots.

First - the new TextInput1 field with a default to my manager's email:

Next, using the formula you provided - I get the same error here.

The service returned an error: office365users!Manager: {"status":404, "message": "No user found with the specified id.", "source": "127.0.0.1"}

Finally, here is a screenshot with UserProfile - you can see I get back his display name here, so it is just the .Manager method I'm having an issue with.

Migrated_User
Level 10

Don't set the Default property to the user's address; just type the address (no quotes) directly in TextInput1.

Migrated_User
Level 10

Thank you for the clarification. I've done that and still have the same error of "no user found".

Migrated_User
Level 10

Hi Hilary,

If you use the full email address then it will work.

We just tested and If you set the Text property of a text box to office365users.Manager("reliu@microsoft.com").DisplayName it should return Joe Wu. Which was a successful test on our end.

Migrated_User
Level 10

Thank you. I did misunderstand one thing - I need to pass in the email address of the report whose manager I want, not the email of the manager.

So, I tried using my email address instead and typing it directly instead of using the value from another control. I'm still getting the 404 error.

Error

Here are my profile settings in the SharePoint Admin Center.

Settings

Migrated_User
Level 10

Hilary,

Whats a good email to contact you directly to work through this?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,144)