cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aaron_scheidler
Level: Powered On

Office365Users - Connection Credentials

Hello, 

I am in a unique situation. My company has two separate O365 domains and directories (we acquired a company with their own O365 account and we have not integrated the two for various reasons; so, each O365 domain is totally separate from the other). I am trying to create a coporate directory that includes data from both domains. I can create an app and I can pull in data from each domain using two separate office365Users connectors signed into each domain, store them in collections,  and then combine the collections - this works great. 

My problem is when I try and share the app, the office365Users connectors use the signed on employee's credentials (not every employee has logins for both domains) and overwrites the credentials used when I first made the app. I am wondering if it is possible to save the credentials with the connectors and not allow a signed on employee's credentials to override the credentials I need to access both domains.

Any help or insight is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Office365Users - Connection Credentials

Hi @aaron_scheidler,

Do you also want to share your credentials to the Office 365 Users connector to your employees?

Do you want the end users to use the shared credentials to connect to the two Office 365 Users connector within this shared app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If your shared your app which includes two unique Office 365 Users connector, when the end users run your app, they must create their own connection to these Office 365 Users connector with their own credentials.

More details about sharing app resource, please check the follwoing article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @aaron_scheidler,

Do you also want to share your credentials to the Office 365 Users connector to your employees?

Do you want the end users to use the shared credentials to connect to the two Office 365 Users connector within this shared app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If your shared your app which includes two unique Office 365 Users connector, when the end users run your app, they must create their own connection to these Office 365 Users connector with their own credentials.

More details about sharing app resource, please check the follwoing article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app-resources

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

aaron_scheidler
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-xida-msft

Thank you for your reply and supporting documentation. 

Having the end user create their own connections isn't ideal in my situation. I'll have to go another route with this. Probably set up a Sharepoint list with everyone's information and manage it that way until we can get everyone on the same domain. 

I appreciate your help and time spent,

Aaron

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 83 members 5,067 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: