cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
fmigg
Level: Powered On

Offline Persistency (Personal Experience)

Hi All, 

I'm new on Power Apps such as MS Tools. We want to show a demo proposal to our faculty in which we will use Power Apps for gather data through surveys. 

One of the things we'd like to add is the offline persistency, so we could go to rural areas where internet signal is low or sometimes inexistent, and when the app detects internet signal the app submit the surveys to a Sharepoint List. 

I've been reading some documentation about offline functionality and I found that quoted: 

"The offline feature area is still under development and is not optimized for every offline scenario today" 

It also says that this function will NOT be suitable to apply it to scenarios of large data, and it examples like saving thousands of rows in a table, or caching large images or videos.

But what about just a few hundreds? 

We don't expect to pass over 300 daily rows at low wifi areas and much less at rural areas with no internet.

I just wanted to see use cases of the community which had face something similar. To see if a some hundred rows is suitable for offline capabilities. 

Thanks and regards, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Offline Persistency (Personal Experience)

Hi @fmigg,

Could you describe more clearly about what function do you want to make when you are offline?

If you want to write data offline and load it when you are online, I sugget you try Savedata and loaddata function.

You could save data in a collection and then load it when you are online.

The limit of collection is 2000.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @fmigg,

Could you describe more clearly about what function do you want to make when you are offline?

If you want to write data offline and load it when you are online, I sugget you try Savedata and loaddata function.

You could save data in a collection and then load it when you are online.

The limit of collection is 2000.

Here's a doc about it for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/offline-apps

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

fmigg
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

Being more descriptive I want to submit survey to a Sharepoint list using Flows. The persons responsible of using the app and apply survey will be visiting places where internet is not guaranteed.

What I'd like to do is to be able to realize surveys offline, then once I get some internet signal automatically upload the surveys made to the Sharepoint list. 

The doubt I had is the max number of survey that offline capability could resist (suposing that each survey has 50 questions, mostly Choice question). 

I will take a look at the shared link to see if that fits my justification of using Power Apps and Sharepoint...

Thanks a lot! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 172 members 5,942 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: