cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobs_d
Level: Powered On

On-focus property

Is there any feedback on adding an On-focus property to a user input such as text input? This will allow to enable a specific control with an On-Visible event occurs, reducing clicks when using PowerApps. 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: On-focus property

Hi @jacobs_d,

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with this property. Could you explain more with an example?

If you mean that when you start to type inside a TextInput control, it triggers the Visible event of another control. Then this could be achieve using below formulas:

TextInput1.OnSelect=UpdateContext({Var:true})
Label1.Visible=Var

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jacobs_d

I mean, when one navigates to a screen, a text input on that screen will be activated. So a user can start typing without the need of first clicking on the text input. To enable this for a particular control i.e. text input, one should be able to enable an on-focus property using an UpdateContext variable in the scope of the screen. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jacobs_d,

Thanks for your explanation. For feature request, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JasonZhang
Level: Power Up

Hello v-monli-msft,

Is there any express way to UpdateContext({Var:false}) when a object lost focus?

Best,

Jason

mbhatta1

I am also looking for this requirement. When end user press Tab button from keyboard and a next control inside the form is focused, a eventhandler is required to catch that event. 

Let me know if you have sorted out this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,826)