cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jacobs_d
Level: Powered On

On-focus property

Is there any feedback on adding an On-focus property to a user input such as text input? This will allow to enable a specific control with an On-Visible event occurs, reducing clicks when using PowerApps. 

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: On-focus property

Hi @jacobs_d,

I'm not sure what you want to achieve with this property. Could you explain more with an example?

If you mean that when you start to type inside a TextInput control, it triggers the Visible event of another control. Then this could be achieve using below formulas:

TextInput1.OnSelect=UpdateContext({Var:true})
Label1.Visible=Var

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jacobs_d

I mean, when one navigates to a screen, a text input on that screen will be activated. So a user can start typing without the need of first clicking on the text input. To enable this for a particular control i.e. text input, one should be able to enable an on-focus property using an UpdateContext variable in the scope of the screen. 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jacobs_d,

Thanks for your explanation. For feature request, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
JasonZhang
Level: Power Up

Hello v-monli-msft,

Is there any express way to UpdateContext({Var:false}) when a object lost focus?

Best,

Jason

mbhatta1

I am also looking for this requirement. When end user press Tab button from keyboard and a next control inside the form is focused, a eventhandler is required to catch that event. 

Let me know if you have sorted out this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 295 members 4,830 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: