cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenGillard
Level: Powered On

OnStart Navigation

I have the following formula OnStart:

If(Lower(Office365Users.MyProfile().Mail) in Lower('Staff Details'.Email),Navigate(ShiftAvailibilty,ScreenTransition.Fade),Navigate(RegisterScreen,ScreenTransition.Fade))

It has no errors but isnt doing as i expect it too.

I want it to navigate to the ShiftAvailibilty screen if the users email appears in the list on my SP list column.

Please Help. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
geneZebra
Level 8

Re: OnStart Navigation

I had a similar issue and resolved it by turning off "Use non-blocking OnStart rule" in App settings, Advanced Settings. I posted it a while back and someone confirmed that is correct fix.

Since then I also noticed and intermittent behaviour in the unrelated setting that seems to not evaluate properly but I have not concluded that it was related. Anyway, if the above fails, try toggling "enabling formula bar result view". I posted on that too but only had a limited repro.

I have seen powerapps get simply get confused during coding so try to put in a syntax error in the property and fixing it, that seems to kick the interperter back into properly evaluting the code.

hope this helps

BenGillard
Level: Powered On

This didnt fix the issue unfortunately.

I have Managed to get this working but only as a short term solution. It was the Delegation Issue stopping it as the list had more than 500 entries. I have changed this to 2000 in the app settings which has worked but need a solution still as this list will grow past 2000 pretty quickly.

Thanks again in advance

@geneZebra wrote:

I had a similar issue and resolved it by turning off "Use non-blocking OnStart rule" in App settings, Advanced Settings. I posted it a while back and someone confirmed that is correct fix.

Since then I also noticed and intermittent behaviour in the unrelated setting that seems to not evaluate properly but I have not concluded that it was related. Anyway, if the above fails, try toggling "enabling formula bar result view". I posted on that too but only had a limited repro.

I have seen powerapps get simply get confused during coding so try to put in a syntax error in the property and fixing it, that seems to kick the interperter back into properly evaluting the code.

hope this helps

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BenGillard ,

Office 365 User is not a delegatable data source and this caused your issue.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 295 members 2,864 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: