cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shannon_Marceau
Level: Powered On

One Drive and Images

First Post here, extreamly excited about Powerapps.

I have created a training matrix that retrieves the appropriate training card from a shared OneDrive Folder  through a Sharepoint list by using a hyperlink. When I am in the developement environment and test run the app everything preforms as expected. But when I try to run the app from a mobile device or laptop, the image no longer appears. To riterate : the data card  retrieves a link from a sharepoint site list that points to an image on OneDrive. The app works perfectly in the development environment but when its opened from a moble device, everything works as expected except no picture.....any help would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13
bimtng

Re: One Drive and Images

Good morning Shannon.

I have been having problems with this subject too (and I still have them). My experience is that the user that opens the app has to have access to the shared folder in onedrive (if the app is opened directly), and access to de web server that contains the image. Think that Powerapps just shows the image from the url. If it has access to it via the web server that offers it, it will show it. In other case no.

Hope it helps.

Best regards.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Shannon_Marceau,

My understanding is that you have a SharePoint list with a Picture column, and the pictures come from OneDrive Shared folder(not OneDrive for Business). If I misunderstand you, please feel free correct me.

What’s the version of your Phone/Tablet?

What's the version of your PowerApps on your phone?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Shannon_Marceau

Thanks for the reply folks! I am hosting the Sharepoint site through office 365 as part of our enterprise account. The onedrive folder IS on our Onedrive for business. I have checked the app on a Google phone as well as an I phone and a laptop. No pictures. A simple Sharepoint list has the employees name, expiry date, name of training and  Card Image  as columns. The Card Image is an image column withe image not hyperlink selected. I see the image in the Sharepoint site. The app works great in the development environment and I see all the images. When its published, however, I just see a white screen where the image shoud display.

Shannon_Marceau

PS

all phones and Powerapps are the latest updated versions. The folder on The Onedrive is set to share with everyone

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Shannon_Marceau,

What’s the permission level of the images within your OneDrive for Business Shared folder? Is it Can edit or View only?

I found that if the image was shared with me with “View only” permission, it can be shown on the list, but it cannot be shown on the app. While if the permission is “Can edit”, it can be shown on list, and also app on both develop environment and on the phone.

Please help to clarify the information above, and if convenience, please provide your Session ID. To get your Session ID, click File>Account>Diagnostics>Session Details.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Shannon_Marceau,

I tried this issue again on my side, both on PowerApps studio for Windows and PowerApps studio for Web.
And the Image column is configured as Picture but not Hyperlink which is the same with you.
Then create an app from data with this list.

My testing result is:
>When an image is shared with me with Permission level “Can edit”, add it to the list. Then I go to check the app, I can see the image on Web player, desktop studio, and also on my iPhone.
>When an image is shared with me with Permission level “Can view”, add it to the list. Then when I go to check the app, I found that I can see the image only on Web player, on Desktop studio and on my iPhone, I cannot see the image, it is just white.

On PowerApps studio for Windows, the images are shown as below:

1.png

So I guess that you are using PowerApps studio for Web. Please check the Permission level of your images within your Shared folder. You could try to change the Permission level to Can edit to see if you could see the images on a mobile device.

And I am going to report this issue from my side and try to involve someone who is familiar with this issue to take a further investigation on it.

I will back once I got any updates for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Shannon_Marceau

Onedrive.png

I have posted a screen shot with the folder and images as well as permissions on the left.....they all say "can Edit"

I am not sure how to get a session report.....please provide a little more detail. Is this report from Powerapps....from Sharepoint....from OneDrive?

Highlighted
Shannon_Marceau

Onedrive.png

I have posted a screen shot with the folder and images as well as permissions on the left.....they all say "can Edit"

I am not sure how to get a session report.....please provide a little more detail. Is this report from Powerapps....from Sharepoint....from OneDrive?

Shannon_Marceau

Session ID: b04821bc-7a7f-b4c9-a5fb-03a60dc278d2

This ID is from my most recent try...i set the permissions in the OneDrive folder to include Full control, contribute,edit, all of the possible levels for everyone just to see. Same results. Powerapps for windows i can see images.....on phone or laptop as an app.....no images.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,752)