cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElderAmoeba2271
Level: Powered On

OneDrive for Business Connector - limitation

I am trying to create an App, using an excel which is stored on the OneDrive of a 'Group' - I have owner permissions to the group, but it does not appear to be available to create a connector to it (OneDrive for Business connector just goes to my file space, Sharepoint Connector just goes to a Sharepoint list) - I want to be able to connect to an Excel source which is in a group, so that the App is not permanently locked to my prescence in the organisation.

Is there a way to get to the Group files to use as the source data?

7 REPLIES 7
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: OneDrive for Business Connector - limitation

Hi @ElderAmoeba2271,

May I know what exactly did you mean by "Group"? Did you mean that you have a file that shared to a group in OneDrive for Business? As I do not see any Groups in OneDrive for Business site:

Capture.PNG

If you mean the Groups in People site, then files there was shared with groups in Outlook, not OneDrive for Business.

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ElderAmoeba2271

Thanks for replying quickly Mona.

What I mean is the files stored in a OneDrive in the 'Sites' shown on your first screenshot. (again, maybe I don't have quite the correct microsoft term for the functionality).

Eg, you have the Sites 'Team Site', 'Microsoft Team Site' and 'TS- Subsite' available to you. Files may be stored on there, and I would like to use a file from one of these shared locations as the data source for my App.

Thanks!

Dan

ElderAmoeba2271

Hi @v-monli-msft - does the description of what I'm trying to achieve make sense now? Thanks

Highlighted
ElderAmoeba2271

Still struggling to find a connector for PowerApps to do what I'm looking for - any suggestions?

JamesK
Level: Power Up

Elder....

Have you figured this out?

benhogan
Level: Power Up

Also interested in doing this

Anonymous
Not applicable

The way you are describing it "Eg, you have the Sites 'Team Site', 'Microsoft Team Site' and 'TS- Subsite' available to you. Files may be stored on there, and I would like to use a file from one of these shared locations as the data source for my App."

This sounds to me more as a Sharepoint site than a OneDrive location.

Just a though.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,414)