cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mladen
Level: Power Up

Online Editable Form / Table with Row-Level Security

Hi all,

Within my organization we are looking for a solution to develop an online editable table / form and distribute it to our employees to provide us with specific inputs.

Since it's confidential data, we neet to enfore record level security, so that only the portion of data assigned to specific users would be visualized and editable.

Is this something that can be achived using PowerApps? and if yes, what are the necessary steps for it?

We are altready using PowerBI with row-level security for our dashboards, but we are missing the "Unser Input" future described above.

Any feedback would be hightly appreciated. Many thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Online Editable Form / Table with Row-Level Security

Hi,

How is the data assigned to specific users? Is the hidden and visible data mixed per record, or are entire records to be filtered/hidden? If the latter, you can use the Filter-function to make sure the proper rows/records are visible.

In this post I talk about how to use AD group membership to decide: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Is-it-possible-to-switch-the-view-as-InfoPath...

You could also check the current user, via the User()-function (saved in a variable at startup for performance reasons), but in that case you would have to save the username for each row/field also.

You could do a custom login screen and look up the rights in a settings table, but since you always know who's using the app I would go with the AD group option above.

Good luck!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,053)