cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OpticalFlyer
Level: Powered On

Re: Only 256 Entries show from Sharepoint list?

I get the impression that this is not a high priority for Microsoft in hopes that people will migrate their data from SharePoint to CDS.

koconnor

Doesn't appear so. I did talk with a powerapps support rep and they informed me the fix is coming soon. How soon? No clue
PowerApps Staff KeremY
PowerApps Staff

Hey folks,

I know a lot of you are eagerly waiting for this, but we are having some difficulty making this work, especially to properly integrate it with the search functionality that's available in PowerApps. We had hoped to roll this out this month, but found severe limitations in our current implementation that would result in more frustration for you, rather than successful scenarios. We are refactoring our connector to be able to support this the right way, rather than in a limited way, and this is a top scenario to support for the SharePoint connector. We are definitely committed to making SharePoint lists work with more than 256 items. We just need a little more time to make this work. 

Our current estimate is that this will be available in January/February 2017.

We apologize for the wait, and really appreciate your patience.

estevaf

do we have an updated ETA for this fix?

André Esteves
Class Solutions
PowerApps Staff KeremY
PowerApps Staff

Hi @estevaf, we hope to deploy the first part of the solution by January that will let you scroll past the top set of results, and also sort and filter by columns using the "equals" operator on the server side. More info coming in January! 

LangFalcon

Is there any update on this? I still seem to be limited to 500 items when working with a SharePoint List as of 1/13/17.

Thanks

thananji

It seems Filter formula with equal sign works fine with column. 256 row limitation is also overcomed. 

PS: If you have more than 5000 items in your list, you should indexed the column you filter.

@KeremY Thank you PowerApps SharePoint team !

Expecting other formulas also working with SharePoint List.

PowerApps Staff KeremY
PowerApps Staff

@thananji, glad you noticed. The blog post announcing support for more than 256 items just went live:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-now-supports-working-with-more-than-256-items-i...

Please keep the feedback coming and let us know what you want to see next.

wedwards

I have roughly 800 items in my SP list.  When I attempt to get to end, whether that be scrolling or sorting the list from Z-A, I only see the first 500 items.  If I search for an name that is beyond the first 500 in the list, the search returns void.  Is there a solution or workaround for this issue.  Also, what are the current alternatives that allow us to access more than 500 items.

Lastly, are there any examples of using PowerShell to populate some other data source, like a database using the common data model?

Thank you,

W.

Highlighted
LangFalcon

If you follow the link provided by @KeremY > https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-now-supports-working-with-more-than-256-items-i... you'll notice that there are some changes that need to be made to the default Items property of the Gallery before scrolling past 500 items will work.

"For lists that contain more than 500 items, there are some changes you need to make to your app (to the “Items” property of the Gallery control), and once these are done, you should be able to simply scroll to the bottom of a list, and PowerApps will bring in the next set of results from SharePoint to make things work."

The default "Items" property includes a Search function, which is not delegable. Switching this to Filter should give you your desired results.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,815)