cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpezzutti
Level: Powered On

Opening a powerapp from a gallery

Hello Everyone

is there a way to create a powerapp that can open a gallery and it shows all your shared apps and then from the gallery you fire that particular app

thanks

Marco

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Opening a powerapp from a gallery

Hi @mpezzutti ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to list alll your shared apps within a Gallery control in an app?

If you want to list alll your shared apps within a Gallery control in an app, I think the "Get Apps" action of PowerApps for App Markers connector could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Add a Gallery control, within your app, set the Items property to following:

Filter(PowerAppsforAppMakers.GetApps().value, properties.sharedUsersCount >= 1)

Then within the Gallery, add a "Launch" icon, set the OnSelect property to following:

Launch(ThisItem.properties.appOpenUri)             /* <-- Launch the specific canvas app */

Within the Gallery, you could also add some Label controls to details of your apps, set the Text property to following formula:

"App Name: " & ThisItem.properties.displayName
"Shared Users Count: " & ThisItem.properties.sharedUsersCount

In addition, if you just want to show all apps shared from yourself within above Gallery, please consider modify the Items property formula within the Gallery as below:

Filter(
PowerAppsforAppMakers.GetApps().value,
properties.sharedUsersCount >= 1 && properties.createdBy.email = User().Email
)

More details about the PowerApps for App Markers connector, please check the following article:

PowerApps for App Markers

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

mpezzutti

Hi Kris Dai

Thank you so much for this. This is exactly what I needed . Is there a way to filter it by the environmnet as well? Currently I have two environments a test and a prod environment. Is it possible to filter it on Prod?

Please let me know

Again thank you so much I really appreciate it

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mpezzutti ,

If you want to filter canvas app based on your Environment, I think the Dropdown control could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

7.JPG

Add a Dropdown control (Dropdown1) within your app, set the Items property to following:

PowerAppsforAppMakers.GetEnvironments().value

set the Value property to name column.

Then within your Gallery, modify the formula as below:

Filter(
properties.sharedUsersCount>=1 && properties.environment.name = Dropdown1.Selected.name
)

Note: The Environemnt Id of your PowerApps Prod Environment would be listed as below:8.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved. If the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread as "Solved".

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
shailendra74
Level 10

Hi @mpezzutti 

Powerapps by default shows you list of apps shared with you

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 8.19.17 am.png

This view is also available in mobile app.

Thanks.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mpezzutti ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to list alll your shared apps within a Gallery control in an app?

If you want to list alll your shared apps within a Gallery control in an app, I think the "Get Apps" action of PowerApps for App Markers connector could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

Add a Gallery control, within your app, set the Items property to following:

Filter(PowerAppsforAppMakers.GetApps().value, properties.sharedUsersCount >= 1)

Then within the Gallery, add a "Launch" icon, set the OnSelect property to following:

Launch(ThisItem.properties.appOpenUri)             /* <-- Launch the specific canvas app */

Within the Gallery, you could also add some Label controls to details of your apps, set the Text property to following formula:

"App Name: " & ThisItem.properties.displayName
"Shared Users Count: " & ThisItem.properties.sharedUsersCount

In addition, if you just want to show all apps shared from yourself within above Gallery, please consider modify the Items property formula within the Gallery as below:

Filter(
properties.sharedUsersCount >= 1 && properties.createdBy.email = User().Email
)

More details about the PowerApps for App Markers connector, please check the following article:

PowerApps for App Markers

Best regards,

mpezzutti

Hi Kris Dai

Thank you so much for this. This is exactly what I needed . Is there a way to filter it by the environmnet as well? Currently I have two environments a test and a prod environment. Is it possible to filter it on Prod?

Please let me know

Again thank you so much I really appreciate it

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mpezzutti ,

If you want to filter canvas app based on your Environment, I think the Dropdown control could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:6.JPG

7.JPG

Add a Dropdown control (Dropdown1) within your app, set the Items property to following:

PowerAppsforAppMakers.GetEnvironments().value

set the Value property to name column.

Then within your Gallery, modify the formula as below:

Filter(
properties.sharedUsersCount>=1 && properties.environment.name = Dropdown1.Selected.name
)

Note: The Environemnt Id of your PowerApps Prod Environment would be listed as below:8.JPG

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved. If the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread as "Solved".

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 229 members 5,360 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: