cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom_Barrand
Level: Powered On

Opportunity Entity Not Visible

Hi,

I am using a Common Data Service for when a record is updated and it is pointing to a Dynamics CRM environment at the Opportunity entiity then it should just send an email to prove it it getting triggered, but the Flow never gets triggered.

I've created the exact same flow using the Dynamics update record trigger and this works fine.

I have a Flow Plan 1 so licensing shouldn't be the issue.

The Dynamics Opportunity entitiy seems to have auditing setup too.

I have tried with the environment set to both current and selecting the exact name. The entities is set to Opportunities and the scope to Organization.

When a field is updated and the Dynamics record saved the Flow is never called as there is never an event in the Flow History. Using the Dynamics Record Updated this is executing ever time.

When I go to Data > Entities the Opportunities entity is not in the list.

About a month ago I spun up a trial instance of CRM and this allowed me to successfully use the Common Data Service against the Opportunity entity.

On Monday I tried to use the Common Data Service against the Opportunity Entity in our CRM Sandbox environment and this is when it doesn't work.

Any ideas what's happened?

Thanks

Tom

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Opportunity Entity Not Visible

Hi @Tom_Barrand ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

I could find the Opportunity Entity within my CDS Entity. Actually, the Opportunity Entity is a complex Entity installed with Dynamics 365, which needs specific PowerApps/MS Flow license to access.

If you want to use Opportunity Entity within a PowerApps app or MS Flow, you must own PowerApps Plan 2 or Microsoft Flow Plan 2 license for your account. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-complex-entities

Please consider purchase a PowerApps Plan 2 or Microsoft Flow Plan 2 license at least for your account, then try it again, check if the issue is solved.

You could also consider sign up a PowerApps Plan 2 free trial license for your account, then during the trial, users have access to all of the features in PowerApps Plan 2.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#powerapps-plan-2-free-tri...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tom_Barrand

Hi Kris,

I have now purchased a Flow Plan 2 license and when I view my license within PowerApps it says Flow Plan 2 is my current plan so I definately have the correct license now.

Within PowerApps when I go to Data > Entities select the correct environment then change the filter to All I can see the Opportunity entity.

I've created a basic flow that gets triggered from a Common Data Service When Record Is Updated, pointed this at the same environment as mentioned above, selected Opportunities and set the Scope to Organization, then send an email to me.

When I update an Opportunity record the flow is never triggered. When you go to the Run History it's never been called (it is turned on 🙂 )

Any ideas?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tom_Barrand ,

Has the record been updated properly in your CDS Opportunity Entity?

Could you please share a screenshot about the flow's configuration?

How do you update the Opportunity Entity record?

Please check if you have specified some Attribute Filters Items property within the "When a record is updated" trigger as below:7.JPG

I have made a test on my side (I generate a PowerApps app based on the Opportunity Entity, then use the generated app to update the Opportunity Entity record), and the flow fires successfully as below:8.JPG

Please consider generate an app based on your Opportunity Entity, then use the generate app to update the record in your Opportunity Entity, then check if the flow could be fired successfully.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Tom_Barrand

Yes the record has updated in the CDS. I changed the description to say Testing again 3rd time and it is visble.

I've just updated the description of the Opp and pressed saved and it updates the CDS.

I've included 3 screenshots to show the flos config, the flow being on and not be run and the data being updated in the CDS.

Anymore thoughts?

Can you provide a bit more info about what you mean about creating an app please.

Thanks again

Tom_Barrand

Anymore thoughts on this?

Tom_Barrand

As this is still not working I've done some further testing and what I've managed to find is that when I spin up a new CRM trial environment using the same Flow the CDS trigger works.

As soon as I change the environment to the current one which is our sandbox it doesn't work.

This seems like a fundamental issue outside of my control and I have no log files, error messages being reported in Flow or PowerApps so how do I get this looked at properly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,594)