cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raysie
Level: Powered On

Org Browser - Grouping Job Titles

Hi All, I'm working off the Org Browser PowerApp template and am just about completed. Just need this one last "issue" sorted. 

I've been able to successfully add a Search by Department and Search by Job Titles to the template. What we've found however is that we just have way too many Job Titles in the organisation and would like to better group these Job Titles into a parent group/title so we can go from 50 Job Titles listed to 9. For example instead of having "Acting Technician", "Supporting Technician", "Leading Technician", it can be grouped as simply "Technician" and then lead to a new screen where it shows all users with the already mentioned Technician Job Titles. 

Because I had some issues pulling the Job Titles using the Office365.SearchUser formula due to getting a whole bunch of duplicates and empty slots, I instead hard coded in the job titles using the following (Not ideal but it works):

["JobTitle1", "JobTitle2", "JobTitle3", "JobTitle4"]

I then have that go to another screen where it shows the users that match the selected Job Title using the following:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:500}),JobTitle=GallerySearchUser_5.Selected.Value
)

Is there a way I can alter this code so it shows all user based on the selection made? Remembering that "Technician" isn't a group, attribute or anything in O365 or AD.

Hoping what I've said actually makes any sense! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Org Browser - Grouping Job Titles

Hi @Raysie ,

Do you mean you select "Technician" in first gallery, then turn to next screen to show all  "Acting Technician", "Supporting Technician", "Leading Technician" users?

If my understanding is right, please modify your second formulas as below:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:500}), GallerySearchUser_5.Selected.Value in JobTitle)

Note: The hard coded job titles should be some part of string of JobTitle.

Annotation 2019-10-21 141803.png

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Raysie ,

Do you mean you select "Technician" in first gallery, then turn to next screen to show all  "Acting Technician", "Supporting Technician", "Leading Technician" users?

If my understanding is right, please modify your second formulas as below:

Filter(Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:500}), GallerySearchUser_5.Selected.Value in JobTitle)

Note: The hard coded job titles should be some part of string of JobTitle.

Annotation 2019-10-21 141803.png

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Raysie

Thanks so much for responding!

Yes, your understanding is right and this is an interesting way of working around this. The only issue I should also add to that is there are multiple crossover keyword Job Titles. For example Managing Principal Solicitor and Principal Solicitor will technicially be seen as seperate Job Title groups and as such I wouldn't want them both showing combined results when selecting Principal Solicitor. 

Thank you though, I'll still test this out and see how it works practicially. 

Raysie

*Double Post*

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @Raysie ,

How are you getting on with it?  it seems to require a much clearer Job Title classification mechanism. 

Please let me know if any issues.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 310 members 5,792 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: