cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
paulbrelin
Level: Powered On

PA creates jpeg on SQL Server varbinary(MAX) column that is difficult to use from MS Access

I'm using the camera control to create jpeg images and then writing those jpeg files to a SQL Server db in a varbinary(MAX) column. The data is stored as a long text string looking like: "0xFFD8FFE000104A46494600010101....." .  When reading the binary jpeg info back into a PA app screen, all is fine, the image displays.

But reading that same binary jpeg info into an image control in Access does not work. 

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PA creates jpeg on SQL Server varbinary(MAX) column that is difficult to use from MS Access

Image control under Microsoft Access is not supported to display hte Jpeg image file type.

What you may take a try is to generate a image file path, then use in with the URL proeprty of the image control under Microsoft Access.

How to display images from a folder in a form, a report, or a data access page

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
paulbrelin

Trying to pull jpeg data down to Access forms from Powerapps generated SQL Server table data

This is a long shot but I thought I'd ask... I developed an app that pushes jpeg images from my phone to a SQL Server table. I have the jpeg data from powerapps stored in a varchar(max) field and also varbinry(max) field. 

It works great in PowerApps but now I want to display that jpeg data in an Access DB and have tried all the image/ole/attachment containers without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

p

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PA creates jpeg on SQL Server varbinary(MAX) column that is difficult to use from MS Access

Image control under Microsoft Access is not supported to display hte Jpeg image file type.

What you may take a try is to generate a image file path, then use in with the URL proeprty of the image control under Microsoft Access.

How to display images from a folder in a form, a report, or a data access page

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

paulbrelin

I ended up writing an HTML file writing an HTML file wrapper around the iamge data stored in SQL Server then assiging that file name and location into the web-browser controlsource property. It works fine. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,998)