cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyDo
Level: Powered On

PDF export audit app

Dear everyone,

Currently, I am trying to build an Inspection apps to let audit the job more easily and effectively. My scenario is: end-user open the app, input general information like auditor name, genset ID (I worked in Generator Installation field), then move to inspect report to check the status and taken photo of equipemnts based template audit question.

My structure canvas app has an example as attachments:

- Image(1):

+ First screen: welcome screen with title box (app name) and company logo

+ Second screen: General information inputing and selecting by end user (text box, text box input, data selection, date selection)

+ Third screen: Inspection screen with template audit question, checkbox and capture image (based on device camera of enduser)

- Image (2):

+ based on youtube instruction, i using flow to conver pdf from HTML code, but I got stuck in define HTML items. How could I define all items across canvas screen above? I dont know how I can export all data across canvas screen possibily?

Please help to advise,

Thanks for your help,

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: PDF export audit app

Hi Danny - You need to work on your html and concatenate the controls. Something like this:

"a bunch of html" & textinput1.Text & "more html" & TextInput2.Text & "more html"

I show exactly this in the video Create a PDF in PowerApps

Shane - Microsoft MVP, YouTube, and PowerApps Consulting for when you are in a bind to get this fixed quickly. And finally we now have PowerApps Training
Highlighted
DannyDo
Level: Powered On

Dear Shane,

Thanks for your sharing Youtube video (I have seen your one alot of times before and I have subcrided you too Smiley Very Happy)Please help to provide more details:

"a bunch of html" & textinput1.Text & "more html" & TextInput2.Text & "more html"

a bunch of html what does it mean? is that the text label right?

Besides as my attached screenshot, in HTML code textinput has been definited as textinput.text, so:

drop down list --> how definite in HTML?

date picker --> how definite in HTML?

add image --> how definite in HTML?

check box --> how to definite in HTML?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DannyDo ,

"a bunch of html" means that some html characters.

You not only need to use the data of the contols, you also need to format these data. Or ealse, the data will display like this"aabbcc..." without any format.

Using what html characthers is decided by yourself.

Here's a doc about how to use html characters to format text for your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/html-email-reporting-with-tabular-data/

Let me tell you how to use the data of the controls:

Lable: lablename.Text

drop down :  dropdownname.Selected.Value

date picker :  date picker name.SelectedDate

add image:   AddMediaButton1.Media

check box:   If(Checkbox1.Value=true,Checkbox1.Text,"")

Please combine html characters with the data of the controls to generate goodlooking html text, use this to generate PDF.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,376)