cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Max1
Level: Powered On

PDF viewer greyed out

Hello,

I've read a few different threads on this and haven't had any luck fixing a greyed out PDF viewer.

Originally I wanted to display items form a gallery listing documents in a sharepoint library. This resulted in a greyed out PDF viewer but I've read this is not currently supported, (although the thread was nearly a year old) is this still the case?

I've tried creating a shareable link from within sharepoint and inserting this between double quation marks but this also results in a greyed out PDF viewer. I tested this on IE in a new session and was able to open the file without authenticating.

Lastly I tried copying the file onto my personal one drive and creating a shareable link from here which also works in a new IE session but not in the PDF viewer resulting in the same greyed out screen as before.

Please can you help me to fix this? The best solution would be one that allows showing a PDF hosted in a sharepoint library.

Thanks,

Max

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PDF viewer greyed out

Hi @Max1,

Currently you can only view PDFs that reside in SharePoint libraries that allow anonymous access. We are aware of this requirement and PDF Viewer support for PDF documents in Sharepoint Libraries that require authentication is already in planned status.

Here is an idea where you can vote:

https://community.powerapps.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/PDF-Viewer-support-for-PDF-documents-in-Sharepoin...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Max1

Hi @v-monli-msft,

Thank you for your reply. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that creating a shareable link so that anyone with a link can access and using this inside powerapps was providing anonymous access or have I misunderstood?

Thanks,

Max

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Max1,

I'm not an expert on SharePoint but from below links I think enabling Anonymous Access need other settings too.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Enable-anonymous-access-3647CDD5-1AB8-48CF-B4EE-D1B652BBABD...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Max1

Thank you for the reply, but this article does not appear relevant for the current version of sharepoint online. Microsoft documentation indicates that creating a shreable link is the same but this still does not work with powerapps.

EG on this page: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Share-sites-or-documents-with-people-outside-your-organizat...

Under the section titled 'Share a document by sending or posting an anonymous guest link'.

Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,037)