cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TCH
Level: Powered On

Parenclose w. EOF expected

Hello there, I'm getting the error that "the formula contains parenclose where eof is expected", i can't really see what the issue is, but maybe one of you could help 

If(GæstTor.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Torsdag';Defaults('Gæster Torsdag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

If(GæstFre.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Fredag';Defaults('Gæster Fredag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

Reset(MedANr);;
Navigate('End(Bestilling)';ScreenTransition.Cover);;

It's at the end there, i have tried with a single semicolon, i have tried without semicolon, and i don't really know what to do? 🙂 

- Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Parenclose w. EOF expected

Maybe the error starts in this section of your formula. Logically, were you intending to close the calls to the Set function like so?

If(GæstMan.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Mandag';Defaults('Gæster Mandag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstTir.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Tirsdag';Defaults('Gæster Tirsdag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstOns.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Onsdag';Defaults('Gæster Onsdag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstTor.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Torsdag';Defaults('Gæster Torsdag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstFre.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Fredag';Defaults('Gæster Fredag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Hi Tobias,

Can you try removing the 2 semi-colons completely at the end of your formula to see if that helps?

If you're not calling any additional functions after your call to Navigate, the final 2 semi-colons are not necessary.

If(GæstTor.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Torsdag';Defaults('Gæster Torsdag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

If(GæstFre.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Fredag';Defaults('Gæster Fredag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

Reset(MedANr);;
Navigate('End(Bestilling)';ScreenTransition.Cover)
TCH

@timl I have tried this aswell and it didn't work, sam error message, "Parenclose where EOF expected" thats why i am so confused 🙂 

If('Mandag()'.Value= true;
   Set(gblItemPatched;Patch(Mandag;Defaults(Mandag);{Title:User().FullName;Medarberjdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If('Tirsdag()'.Value= true;
   Set(GblItemPatched;Patch(Tirsdag;Defaults(Tirsdag);{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If('Onsdag()'.Value= true;
   Set(gBlItemPatched;Patch(Onsdag;Defaults(Onsdag);{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If('Torsdag()'.Value= true;
   Set(gbLItemPatched;Patch(Torsdag;Defaults(Torsdag);{Titel:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If('Fredag()'.Value= true;
   Set(gblITemPatched;Patch(Fredag;Defaults(Fredag);{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If(AFMAN.Value=true; 
    Set(gblItemPatched;Patch('Aftensmad Mandag';Defaults('Aftensmad Mandag');{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If(AFTIR.Value=true; 
    Set(gblItemPatched;Patch('Aftensmad Tirsdag';Defaults('Aftensmad Tirsdag');{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If(AFONS.Value=true; 
    Set(gblItemPatched;Patch('Aftensmad Onsdag';Defaults('Aftensmad Onsdag');{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If(AFTOR.Value=true; 
    Set(gblItemPatched;Patch('Aftensmad Torsdag';Defaults('Aftensmad Torsdag');{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If(AFFRE.Value=true; 
    Set(gblItemPatched;Patch('Aftensmad Fredag';Defaults('Aftensmad Fredag');{Title:User().FullName;Medarbejdernr:MedANr.Text;Dato:Dato1.Text})));;

If(GæstMan.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Mandag';Defaults('Gæster Mandag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

If(GæstTir.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Tirsdag';Defaults('Gæster Tirsdag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

If(GæstOns.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Onsdag';Defaults('Gæster Onsdag');{Title:"Gæst"});;

If(GæstTor.Value=true; 

If(GæstFre.Value=true; 

Reset(MedANr);;
Navigate('End(Bestilling)';ScreenTransition.Cover)

Here is the entire encoding for the button, however I really can't see where it sees me going wrong, i have been staring at it forever now 🙂 

Super User
Super User

Just to clarify, in your call to Navigate, is End(Bestilling) actually the name of your screen? To diagnose if the call to Navigate is the cause of the problem, if you remove this line, does the problem go away?

Usually, we don't need to enclose the screen name in single quotes when we call Navigate. I think the alternative way to escape the screen name that we pass to Navigate is to use syntax that looks like this:

Navigate([@End(Bestilling)],ScreenTransition.Cover)

TCH

@timl 

I think the single quotes are neccessary in the navigation when dealing with a screen name that has (paranthesis) in its title. 
I have tried with @ aswell, however this gives the same error message 🙂 

Super User
Super User

Maybe the error starts in this section of your formula. Logically, were you intending to close the calls to the Set function like so?

If(GæstMan.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Mandag';Defaults('Gæster Mandag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstTir.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Tirsdag';Defaults('Gæster Tirsdag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstOns.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Onsdag';Defaults('Gæster Onsdag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstTor.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Torsdag';Defaults('Gæster Torsdag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;
If(GæstFre.Value=true; 
    Set(gbItemPatched;Patch('Gæster Fredag';Defaults('Gæster Fredag');{Title:"Gæst"})));;

View solution in original post

TCH

@timl 

Yes of course, i had totally forgotten to close out those functions, i had been staring myself blind 🙂 

Thank you 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 248 members 6,500 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: