Highlighted
christinadot
Level: Powered On

Parent-Child (about 2 Entities)

Hello

Working on 2 Entities:

-Week

-WeekItems

I created a relationship from Week to WeekItems and vice versa and using the auto generated app by importing the entity "Week", I get 3 screens of course. I want to make one more screen about displaying the WeekItems that belong to the selected week, and then one more screen about navigating over the WeekItem. It works with filters at the new browseGallery (choosing for display only the items that have the same WeekID as the selected one-I pass the selected value using a variable) but it's too complicated if then I want to connect more entities. Is there any parent-child relationship so that I can display all the WeekItems that belongs to the selected Week without filtering?

3 REPLIES 3
HemendraPatel

Re: Parent-Child (about 2 Entities)

Yes. This is possible but you have to look into creating of screens manually and wire them to filter dataset based on selected item from Week selected. Read more on Filter() function for parent child type of UI. I have done one app where i am showing clients as master list and then contacts below in child list as we change client on parent list.

MyappView.JPG
christinadot

Well, that's functional but when I want to compare the Selected Week_ID with the Week_ID of all the Week Items (so that to display only those which have the same ID) I cannot use the Week_ID of the Items because it's a lookup and the filter function gives me blue dots and a blue mark.

So I created one Variable named Week_copyID, which copies the Week_ID when the user submits the form of a new item.

The filtering is working properly but I have a problem in copying the Week_ID (I filled it manually just to check that it works).

At the EditFormOfWeekItems>SubmitIcon>Action>OnSelect I put this funcion so that to copy the Week_ID to the Week_copyID

UpdateContext({WeekItem.Week_copyID: EditForm1.Selected.Week_ID}); SubmitForm(EditForm1)

But it gives me an error at the UpdateContext and I cannot fix it. Is there any other way to make it work?

HemendraPatel

UpdateContext({WeekItem.Week_copyID: EditForm1.Selected.Week_ID}); SubmitForm(EditForm1) is not valid use and it will not work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,293)