cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LtotheN
Level: Powered On

Parent(Select) not working?

Hi Lifesavers!

I am trying to do a gallery screen that will display the contents of the SPO list in a details screen. (Much like the simple app setup with a gallery)

It was working yesterday and today I have done something to it that I can't figure out and now is not working as a SELECT(Parent).

Here is the properties screen shots from the Broken Arrow:

BROKEN ARROW (Parent Select).pngBroken Arrow - SELECT(Parent)

I created a brand new app using the same data. Inserted a Gallery and the arrow works. I tried to make sure the properties all matched. 

Default arrow - new app.pngDefault Arrow - Working on New App

Not sure where to go from here and I dont recall touching this button. I did try to add a tutorial this morning but that should not affect the gallery navigation button.

Help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Parent(Select) not working?

@LtotheN 

You should not have to recreate anything, but you need to check the properties and actions of your gallery.

1) Most important is that the gallery is selectable - since you said you added a fresh gallery to the screen and it didn't work, we can rule this out - unless you purposely then changed the selectable to false - which I doubt.

2) Is the OnSelect action valid? 

a) Put a button on your screen and set the OnSelect to the same formula you have in the Gallery (unless you are referencing any ThisItem's).  

b) Simplifiy your OnSelect formula to a Navigate action.  Make it just navigate to another screen.  This will let you know pretty quickly if the select is happening.

See if any of the above leads to a revelation.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@LtotheN 

I wouldn't suspect the icon as the issue but more the gallery.

Check the properties on the Gallery and make sure that the "Selectable" property is set to true and that you have a valid (error-free) formula in the OnSelect action of the Gallery.

Also, make sure there are no other controls "on top of" (in the layer order) the icon that might be interfering with the selection.

I hope this is helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
LtotheN

Thanks for that help. However, there are no errors. I have verified that the icon is front/forward.

In the meantime, I created a brand new screen. I added a Gallery to the new screen and it is still not working.

Any other thoughts? ( Again, the navigation arrow works great if I go out and create a brand new app from the SPO list. I hate to do recreate all of my work if I don't have to.

Super User
Super User

@LtotheN 

You should not have to recreate anything, but you need to check the properties and actions of your gallery.

1) Most important is that the gallery is selectable - since you said you added a fresh gallery to the screen and it didn't work, we can rule this out - unless you purposely then changed the selectable to false - which I doubt.

2) Is the OnSelect action valid? 

a) Put a button on your screen and set the OnSelect to the same formula you have in the Gallery (unless you are referencing any ThisItem's).  

b) Simplifiy your OnSelect formula to a Navigate action.  Make it just navigate to another screen.  This will let you know pretty quickly if the select is happening.

See if any of the above leads to a revelation.

View solution in original post

Friendly

I had the same issue and found this post - 

Changing the OnSelect to     Navigate(Detail_Screen) worked for my app! Thank you @RandyHayes !

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,118)