Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
huffmaster
Level: Powered On

Pass Text Input Values from PowerApps to Flow

Hi All - 

I'm trying to determine the best way to pass the values from 10 or more text inputs in a Power App to a Flow.  There's no data source in the power app so I'm not using a Form of any kind, I'm just using text inputs.  I've seen the examples where others attach a Flow to a button and use the MyFlow.Run command but I don't see how I would pass all the values from my app to the flow.  Is there some collection of all my text inputs I'm not aware of that I can pass as a parameter or do I have to build a collection on the power app side to pass through to have my flow see all the separate values?  Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Pass Text Input Values from PowerApps to Flow

Hi @huffmaster 

Check this blog

https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/01/29/powerapps-send-your-data-to-microsoft-flow-with-less-parameters/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @huffmaster 

Check this blog

https://veenstra.me.uk/2019/01/29/powerapps-send-your-data-to-microsoft-flow-with-less-parameters/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

huffmaster

Thx for the help Reza.  The post seems helpful but it's not clear at all as to how I pass or access the JSON once I've set it in the power app.  The author early on writes...

I’m starting by creating a single input in my Flow. My input is called Compose_inputs, but you could call it anything you like.

There's nothing else in the post to indicate what Compose_inputs is, or where it's set, or where it comes from.  It's very confusing.  When testing the flow I'm not prompted for any type of input so I'm still not sure how I'm supposed get the JSON I've now created in my power app inside the flow.

huffmaster

I ended up working through the issues I was having.  Inputs need to be a lot more clearly defined in Power Automate, it's not intuitive at all, and I still don't understand how you would ever remove inputs. 

Thx again for your help @RezaDorrani.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,108)