cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DRocka
Level: Powered On

Passing a multiple choice dropdown values to HTMLText

Hi All,

I am trying to add a print to email flow and cannot seem to pass the values of multiple choice dropdowns to my HTMLText.  When multiple values are selected, there is an error squiggle under Value.. the error being " Invalid Argument Type. Expecting one of the following: Text, Number, Boolean"

I have a dropdown where multiple selections can be made, called "Stations" with 4 choices and am using this "&ThisItem.Station.Value&" to no avail.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 4.16.54 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DRocka

Re: Passing a multiple choice dropdown values to HTMLText

Thank you for your suggestions! This is my first PowerApp, and taking care of those spaces is certainly something I will do going forward.

"Station.Selected.Value" wasn't working, and ".Value" only worked in the case of a single choice dropdown.  I found a solution using the Concat function that returns all selected values in the output HTML.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.12.46 PM.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hi @DRocka. Looks like may be missing the "Selected" term in there. 

Try this: 

ThisItem.Station.Selected.Value.

Super User
Super User

While I have your ear, a best practice is also to eliminate spaces (" ") from your Sharepoint list column names so you don't have to contend with those pesky "_x0020_" values in your formulas. 🙂

Try camelCase or under_scores.

DRocka

Thank you for your suggestions! This is my first PowerApp, and taking care of those spaces is certainly something I will do going forward.

"Station.Selected.Value" wasn't working, and ".Value" only worked in the case of a single choice dropdown.  I found a solution using the Concat function that returns all selected values in the output HTML.

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.12.46 PM.png

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Wow this is really cool. Can I ask you: Is this a dropdown control or a combobox? It looks like you are selecting multiple items; I've only seen this possible with a combobox. Want to know if i'm missing out on something :). 

Thanks

DRocka

It's a combo box! Still familiarizing myself with the various in's and out's of PowerApps, but so far it looks to have alot of potential.

todurant

Good job this help me. BTW this also works if you are using a Gallery item with a person lookup. This might help someone else searching for this solution. 

Concat(Gallery_AssignedItems.Selected.'HR Approvers'.DisplayName, DisplayName&", ")

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,714)