cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jfb
Level: Powered On

Patch(Excel) OneDrive Image uploading images into each user's drive

I created an app that will allow each user to sign and automatically upload it into onedrive as image. Unfortunately everytime the user sign instead of the image will upload into shared OneDrive folder, it is creating a new folder into user's account.

I shared both Excel File and Image Folder with Full Control to anyone. By saving image from PowerApps I use Patch(Table, Default(Table), {image : .....} ) User all able to add row into excel file but the image was saving into their own OneDrive instead of Group or Centralized Organization Folder. 

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Patch(Excel) OneDrive Image uploading images into each user's drive

Hi @jfb,

Please share some detailed steps that how did you create the app to upload images from PowerApps to OneDrive. If you created the app with the steps like this https://www.eliostruyf.com/uploading-images-to-your-onedrive-with-powerapps/, please try to change to using the method below to create a new one and test:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-images-to-excel

Notice that the Excel table need to have a column titled with "Image [image]". You still need to share the Excel and the folder that store the images to the users. 

About your issue, I think that this is because that the users are using their own account to access OneDrive connector in this app and the app didn't specify the path to store the images. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 138 members 5,218 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: