cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Jaos291
Level: Powered On

Patch is not getting columns

Hi,

 

I've been trying to update my Sharepoint list with Patch, this is what I got 

Patch(Incidencia, LookUp(Incidencia; ID = ListItem.ID), {
Analisis_Causal: columnanalisiscausal,
Campo_de_correccion: columncorreccion
})

Both columnanalaisiscausal and columncorrecin were created and have data from two diferent TextInputs

The error says that my columns don't exist and I have already verified that they do

 

Any help, please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dawidvh
Level 10

Re: Patch is not getting columns

Hi @Jaos291

 

If you are sure that the columns exists, it might be a problem with the comparison while specifying the record. I obviously don't have all the info, and this might not be a problem, but should the ListItem.ID not maybe be ThisItem.ID? What is ListItem and how is it being set?

 

You can also consider using the following do identify the item to patch:

Patch(Incidencia, {ID:ThisItem.ID}, {
Analisis_Causal: columnanalisiscausal,
Campo_de_correccion: columncorreccion
})

 

What are columnanalisiscausal and columncorreccion? Are these variables or collections?

 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dawidvh
Level 10

Re: Patch is not getting columns

Hi @Jaos291

 

If you are sure that the columns exists, it might be a problem with the comparison while specifying the record. I obviously don't have all the info, and this might not be a problem, but should the ListItem.ID not maybe be ThisItem.ID? What is ListItem and how is it being set?

 

You can also consider using the following do identify the item to patch:

Patch(Incidencia, {ID:ThisItem.ID}, {
Analisis_Causal: columnanalisiscausal,
Campo_de_correccion: columncorreccion
})

 

What are columnanalisiscausal and columncorreccion? Are these variables or collections?

 

View solution in original post

Jaos291
Level: Powered On

Re: Patch is not getting columns

columnanalisiscausal and columncorreccion are variables that have string from a TextInput, they were created without error with Set. I still don't know what the issue is since I can update another column called Estado without problem, I have verified many times that my columns exist and updated the connection with my Sharepoint list many times 

Jaos291
Level: Powered On

Re: Patch is not getting columns

I found the problem

The name of my columns were not exactly Analisis_Causal or Campo_de_correccion, since I use powerapps in Spanish all vowels with accent like á é í ó ú are not defined like that, instead they have a code Correcci_x00f3_n or An_x00e1_lisis_x0020_Causal, those names were found on the Sharepoint column URL ( List > List configuration > click on the name of the column and at the end of the URL was the 'real' name ) 

Thanks anyway! Hope this helps someone in the future

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,918)