Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rockonron
Level: Powered On

Patch not working on first submit

Hi Everyone,

I have encountered a strange issue today on an app that was previously working fine.

It would seem that when a user on our app presses Submit button, which contains a patch command, they are receiving an error on top of the screen that says Title Required.

However, when the press submit a second time, it patches ok.

I have tested this app using static data in place of the Title field and the same behaviour exists, the first patch always fails for a user the second one patches.

This is been patched to a sharepoint list.

Out of ideas on how to tackle this, and as i said at the start, previously this app has been working fine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Ronan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rockonron

Re: Patch not working on first submit

Hi everyone,

thanks for the response, but i have found what happened.

I had added an extra column to the sharepoint list and also added this into my patch, however there was no default value for the control in powerapps so when i patched the record it failed as there was nothing in the control to patch.

It was strange however that it referred to the Title column have the error when it was another column that caused the problem.

Anyway all solved now.

Lesson here for me is, that it is usually the last thing you changed that broke the system.

Ronan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Please could you share the code used for the Patch if possible? Is this being done on a form that already has a submit somewhere? Have you tried removing the title field from the form and adding it back in again?

Thanks,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

Title IS a required column, unless you explicitly turn it off for the list.  To do this:

Open the list in sharepoint.

Click on Settings, then List Settings.

E1.png

Click on Title (which should have a check mark in the Required column like this one does).

E2.png

Change "Require that this column contains information" from Yes to No, then click OK.

E3.png

This should eliminate the problem of the Patch failing because the required Title field is not getting a value.

rockonron

Hi everyone,

thanks for the response, but i have found what happened.

I had added an extra column to the sharepoint list and also added this into my patch, however there was no default value for the control in powerapps so when i patched the record it failed as there was nothing in the control to patch.

It was strange however that it referred to the Title column have the error when it was another column that caused the problem.

Anyway all solved now.

Lesson here for me is, that it is usually the last thing you changed that broke the system.

Ronan

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

@rockonron wrote:

it is usually the last thing you changed that broke the system.

😂 Yes we've all had those moments, thanks for coming back and letting us know what the issue was 😺

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,645)