cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramirezp
Level: Powered On

Patching Droppdown1.Selected to a Sharepoint List text column

Hello,

I created an app from scratch.  I was able to import the Sharepoint list as a data source but I am not sure how to link my controls to my SP columns.  Can anyone please offer me some assistance?  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AleixRuiz

Re: Patching Droppdown1.Selected to a Sharepoint List text column

Hello @ramirezp,

I think it means that it is triing to insert your SharePoint dropdown into a single PowerApps dropdown row, it is not matching it as a multiple choices.

As workaround, you may create a list on SharePoint that contains the values from the dropdown you need, and fill your Powerapps dropdown with that new list.

Hope this helps you solve you issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Ramirezp,

Please try to set the Items property of the DropDown control as: DataSource.ColumnName.
Please try if this works for you.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ramirezp

Thanks so much for your reply Mabel.  I tried adding the content to my dropdown control as you suggested.  It worked for some columns but not the one that I need.  I get the following Warning:

"the columns produced by this rule are all nested tables, however the property expects at least some columns of simple values (such as text/numbers)."

The column that I need is also a dropdown in my Sharepoint list.  Do you think that this is the issue?

AleixRuiz

Hello @ramirezp,

I think it means that it is triing to insert your SharePoint dropdown into a single PowerApps dropdown row, it is not matching it as a multiple choices.

As workaround, you may create a list on SharePoint that contains the values from the dropdown you need, and fill your Powerapps dropdown with that new list.

Hope this helps you solve you issue.

View solution in original post

ramirezp

Thanks Aleix! That worked.  However, I am now getting an error when I try to patch my form to my Sharepoint list.  My formula on the submit button is: 

Patch('Customer Gifts',Defaults('Customer Gifts'),{CompanyName:txtCompanyName,CustomerName:txtCustomerName,GiftDate:dpGiftDate,GiftAmount:txtGiftAmount,Currency:ddCurrency,GiftDescription:txtGiftDescription,GiftType:"Gift Card"})

I keep getting an unknown error message.  Please note that my SP list consists of the following columns:

1. Company Name - Single Line of Text

2. Customer Name - Single Line of Text

3. Gift Date - Date/Time

4. Gift Amount - Number

5. Currency - Choice

6. Gift Description - Single Line of Text

7. Gift Type - Choice

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Highlighted
ramirezp

Hey I figured it out.  Stupid - I forget to add the .text to the objects.  Thanks again for getting me over the initial hump!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,958)