cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
abonahoom
Level: Powered On

Patching Multiple Screens to a SharePoint LIst

Background on what I'm trying to do; I have a landing page which has buttons that take users to each of the buildings on our site.  When the user clicks on a button to a building it takes them to a checklist.  As part of this checklist we collect temperature readings in each of these buildings.  What I'm trying to do is to patch all of the temperature readings from each of the buildings to a SharePoint List.  We gather the temperature readings by using a slider, I've also got a textbox next to the slider as a display for the temperatures we record.  In my SharePoint List, I've created columns that correspond to each fo the readings that we take, the columns are formatted as a single line of text.  I cannot get the patch function to work and I'm testing just one slider field at the moment (I probably have about 25 fields that I'll need to patch).

I'm using this code on my OnSelect on the Submit Readings button: Patch(FacilitiesChecklist,Defaults(FacilitiesChecklist),{HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum:UpperLevelMinAirTempSlider.Selected.Value})

I'm getting the error "The specified column 'HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum' does not exist." and "The Function 'Patch' has som invalid arguments."

I have my SharePoint List FacilitiesChecklist connected as a datasource and it has the column "HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum".  I'm guessing my error could be that it's trying to take the slider value and cannnot put it into a text field?  

So I tried updating it to use the textbox field: Patch(FacilitiesChecklist,Defaults(FacilitiesChecklist),{HeadworksUpperLevelAirTemperatureMinimum:UpperLevelMinAirTempTextbox.Text})

I then get the same errors.

Please help, I'm at a loss.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
abonahoom

Re: Patching Multiple Screens to a SharePoint LIst

Thank you for your response.  I got it figured out.  I think what caused this error is that I changed the SP fields from choice to text. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @abonahoom ,

According to error info and my test, it can be sure that there is something wrong with your column name. The system cannot match the corresponding column in SP list.

Capture.PNG

Have you ever rename that column name? Does the column name automatically prompt in formula bar when you enter the formula?

Can you create a new column with simple name and try again to check if your issue is fixed?

Best regards,

Sik

abonahoom

Thank you for your response.  I got it figured out.  I think what caused this error is that I changed the SP fields from choice to text. 

View solution in original post

v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @abonahoom ,

If my post helps, please consider to click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought my post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 200 members 6,366 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: