cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sfiorentino
Level: Power Up

People Field on sharepoint list doesn´t be accesible from gallery

Hello, Everybody, I made a lot of research looking for a solution without success before ask, So I'm a little bit lost now.

for instance, I read this article and after applied the fix still showing  "expected text value"

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/People-Picker-from-SharePoint-List/td-p/15702

Scenario:

I have a SharePoint list with the field "To"  of type People, after created a powerapps from the magic button in the SharePoint list, I want to add the To field in the first view (BrowseScreen1) without success, but the field is available on the DetailsView.

The fields option in the property tab doesn´t show the "To" field., but I'm able to choose from the formula bar.

I put in the label on Text property the function ThisItem.To.DisplayName and the powerapp shows the  "Expected Text Value error"

I tried the following options:

ThisItem.To.DisplayName

To.DisplayName

ThisItem.To.DisplayName.Value

I attached the powerapp studio with the error and the config.

Please, Someone found a solution?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: People Field on sharepoint list doesn´t be accesible from gallery

Are you sure that you bound the SharePoint data source that points to the list  to the gallery? That binding needs to be there or there is no context for 'thisItem'.  But I've tried this in my demo environment and it works fine for a people column.  It does put the field name in single quotes since the column name has a space, but that isn't the case in your environment. In addition if you have bound the gallery to the data source you should be able to pick this as a field to display in the card by editing the fields.  Once you pick the column it will prompt you for the specific People value you want to display, in this case "display name".  Here's a picture of my test.

displaynanme.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @sfiorentino ,

Did you make sure that "To" column in a single value Person and Group column? If you have enabled multiple selection for this column setting, then a Label control cannot show all people's display names. You could use a List Box control and set the same formula in Items property of the list box.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @sfiorentino how are you progressing with this issue? Were the above replies helpful? 

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 436 members 6,585 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: