cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ElleVee
Level: Powered On

People Picker from SharePoint List

The people picker from the SharePoint list is displaying 0 results. Does PowerApps support the people picker field? If so, how do i configure it to pull from Active Directory?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: People Picker from SharePoint List

Hi Elle,

If you mean the people and group column type, it should be supported now. If you would like to have text box to display the name of the person or group column type defined in Sharepoint list, we could change the Text function of the Text box with the formula below:

ThisItem.People.DisplayName

See here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/How-to-display-a-name-from-the-people-picker-fie...

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Elle,

If you mean the people and group column type, it should be supported now. If you would like to have text box to display the name of the person or group column type defined in Sharepoint list, we could change the Text function of the Text box with the formula below:

ThisItem.People.DisplayName

See here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/How-to-display-a-name-from-the-people-picker-fie...

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ElleVee

That worked. Thank You!!

lmauriceparker

Is it possible to select another name to replace the original name in this field?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What if you want the filed not within a gallery or a form?

For example, just insert a text input field or a drop down field on a blank screen. How would it to act like a people/group picker field?

My personal case is I have a SharePoint list with a people picker field and I want to put in a field for someone to select a person and then patch it in.

Thanks.

esoPowerUser

According to my knowledge, there is no sepearate lookup component against Office 365 profiles etc. However, I think I found a workaround to  get around your challenge of making a people picker you can place wherever you want on a PowerApp Card.
(assuming you have access to create a SP List and connect it with your PowerApp in your scenario)

I would suggest creating an additional "dummy" gallery and "dummy" edit form, but we're really only interested in showing a dropdown visible on edit form which act as an independent "People Picker" against Office 365

Details:

1) Create and connect to an SharePoint List with just one User Column

2) Add an item  with a Random User ( this will show up as default in the people picker )
3) Add an additional "dummy" Gallery and call it SPLookUpGallery. Set its "datasource" property to the SPList
2) Add an additional "dummy" EditForm and call it for example "PeoplePickerDropdownForm"
3) Set the "item" property of the EditForm to to SPLookUpGallery.Selected
4) Hide the dummy gallery by setting "visible" to false and remove all fields  "Dummy Edit Form" except People dropdown

5) Do some neccessary GUI adjustments to the dummy edit form until you only see the People Dropdown
5) You should now have an people picker independent of any existing Galleries or Edit Forms

It should be now quite easy to reuse the selected value where ever you want:
Like: [DataCardValue Dummy Edit Form].Selected.DisplayName  <--- Click on the dropdown to get the name
Now the selected User value ca be used for example in filters/ lookups or other components on the card

and not just in an selected item in edit form connected to an gallery in use. ( thus the trick with the dummy gallery/ form )

esoPowerUser

This seems like another and possible better and cleaner variant than my suggestion

on creating a people picker.

Rathanavel Subramaniam on his blog http://ratsubsharewall.blogspot.no/

http://ratsubsharewall.blogspot.no/2017/11/people-picker-control-in-powerapps.html

Kamna

Hi Mona,

I have checked the functions in the text box control and I do not have the Text function available as per the screenshot attached.

Can you tell me where exactly I can find this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

In my scenario, My SharePoint list as a Poeple picker with multiple selections enabled. And there are couple of items on the its that has multiple users on people picker column.

on PowerApp when i try to insert a datatable and get information from sharepoint list to the datatable on powerApps.

The PeoplePicker colums is empty. i'm unable to get user info unto the column.

Please let me know if you have any workarounds available.

Thanks in Advance.

mbrocchi1
Level 8

Good resource on setting up a people picker control in PowerApps

https://youtu.be/-UKk6bXUW-g

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,940)