Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

People or Group type column does not apear when trying to display it in my app

Hello,

I just started to learn and work on PowerApps and run into trouble when I try to create an app from scratch. 

1. I created a new blank app in tablet format. And connected it to my SharePoint list in datasources 

step1.png

2. I added a gallery and connected it to my datasource

step2.png

3. However not all of the fields are apearing when I try to change what is displayed in Body or Heading or Subheading.

One of the fields is Traveler Name (which type is set as People or Group but allows only people), Obiviously you would want the name to be displayed on the main page of the App. Also I noticed that Type Outcome choice is also not displayed. Unfortunettly those two are the ones I want to be displayed in this App.

step3.png

Is there any fix or am I doing something wrong? 

Here is how the list looks like in SharePoint:

1. List:

list.png

2. Column Types:

columns.png

Any help would be really appreciated!

Also, I have another off topic question. My initial idea was to use PowerApps to remove the need for our organziation users to go into raw SharePoint list and edit items there as this App would take care of that. Is there a way to put the app into a SharePoint site? As in, instead of the list they would see the app? Thnaks for the clarifications!

Cheers, Martynas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

Re: People or Group type column does not apear when trying to display it in my app

Currently those properties that are "complex" types (aka not simple primitive types like strings, numbers, etc) are not shown directly in the drop down as you are seeing, however you can modify the formula above to bind it, for example, at the top where it says in the Text property something like ThisItem.Title, you should be able to change it for something like:

ThisItem.Approver.DisplayName 

or 

ThisItem.Approver.Email

etc.

For replacing, today PowerApps apps will only show in the views as shown here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-and-sharepoint/

however, we are working on having a much better embedded experience, stay tuned.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff carlosag
PowerApps Staff

Re: People or Group type column does not apear when trying to display it in my app

Currently those properties that are "complex" types (aka not simple primitive types like strings, numbers, etc) are not shown directly in the drop down as you are seeing, however you can modify the formula above to bind it, for example, at the top where it says in the Text property something like ThisItem.Title, you should be able to change it for something like:

ThisItem.Approver.DisplayName 

or 

ThisItem.Approver.Email

etc.

For replacing, today PowerApps apps will only show in the views as shown here: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-and-sharepoint/

however, we are working on having a much better embedded experience, stay tuned.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

In addition to what shared by carlosag, please also take a look at the blog below, which explains a little more regarding support for lookup type fields (including Person or Group, Choice and Custom Lookup) in PowerApps:

Introducing support for lookups and a new sample app

If you have any furhter questions, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous

In addition what @v-micsh-msft & @carlosag already said to you. Go to the advanced tap of a field and find the text property and then,

this should do the trick:

Approver.DisplayName

Name_x003a_of_x003a_Traveler.DisplayName

and so on.

Please let us know if this works.

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@carlosagThanks this did solve my problem!

@v-micsh-msftThanks for the article, good info for begginer like me!

@Tom_SlosseUsing

Name_x003a_of_x003a_Traveler.DisplayName

Did not work, however if i changed _x003a_ into _x0020_ it worked as expected!

Super User
Super User

Hey @Anonymous

You're right sorry you needed the space instead of the : in characters.

Sorry my bad.

Kind regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,582)