cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KOM_4410
Level 8

People picker in form - weird bug

Hi all,

I'm experiencing a problem with the people pickers in PowerApps that has been driving me crazy for a while, I hope some can help me.

I have a Sharepoint list with several columns, few of them People type column. I have a PowerApp connected to this list and I included here a form that includes some of this People type column from the SharePoint list. Using this method I can use the data card in the app to select people from my Active Directory, which is exactly what I want and it works well.

The app works fine all the time until I have to edit something. For some reason, when I open the app in edit mode, all this people picker break! The error message on the red bubble reads "The data source supplied to the function is invalid" which is really weird because everything else works fine.

To fix I just click on the red bubble with the error, which takes me to the items property of the data card and all I do is to delete one letter of the source in the formula bar, select it again and that fix the problem!!!!! 

it is really annoying because I use the same method in all my apps and I'm experiencing the same problem with all of them, so every time I edit my app for anything I have to check all the people picker and correct them. I'm showing the issue with the gif below. I will really appreciate if anyone can help.

Cheers

u5s2nHf25x.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: People picker in form - weird bug

Hi @KOM_4410 ,

What an annoying experience, but I am not sure if this is a bug, because i haven't met this issue.

Some suggestions, you can collect all Office365 users to the collection at the start of app, set it to Combo box's Items, and then modify the Update property to submit the selected users to SPlist Person column.

In this way, it can speed up the search fucntion of combo box, and avoid choice() error you mentioned.

Following is the steps:

1. collect all Office365Users to the collection, set the following formula to OnStart of app.

ClearCollect(coluser,Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:500}));

2. set Items property of Combo box(that data card) as below.

coluser

3. set update property of datacard as below.

{Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & DataCardValue1.Selected.UserPrincipalName,Department:"",DisplayName: DataCardValue1.Selected.DisplayName,Email: DataCardValue1.Selected.UserPrincipalName,JobTitle:"",Picture:""}

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Hi @KOM_4410 ,

What an annoying experience, but I am not sure if this is a bug, because i haven't met this issue.

Some suggestions, you can collect all Office365 users to the collection at the start of app, set it to Combo box's Items, and then modify the Update property to submit the selected users to SPlist Person column.

In this way, it can speed up the search fucntion of combo box, and avoid choice() error you mentioned.

Following is the steps:

1. collect all Office365Users to the collection, set the following formula to OnStart of app.

ClearCollect(coluser,Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:"",top:500}));

2. set Items property of Combo box(that data card) as below.

coluser

3. set update property of datacard as below.

{Claims:"i:0#.f|membership|" & DataCardValue1.Selected.UserPrincipalName,Department:"",DisplayName: DataCardValue1.Selected.DisplayName,Email: DataCardValue1.Selected.UserPrincipalName,JobTitle:"",Picture:""}

Hope this can help.

Best regards,

Sik

View solution in original post

Highlighted
KOM_4410
Level 8

Thanks for that @v-siky-msft . I think that workaround solves the problem. I'm not collecting the users because they are too many in my org but I'm using the Office365.SearchUsers function on the combo box and that works just as good.

KOM_4410
Level 8

Just one more question. On Step 3, do you know how that expression needs to be if I selected more than one person in the combo box of step 2?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 90 members 5,083 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: