cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Waqas
Level: Powered On

Person or Group Type field data entered via custom Powerapps Form is not being shown in SharePoint list

Few days ago, everything was working fine.

However, now when my colleagues enter data into the Person or Group Type field via a custom PowerApps form, the data is not being saved in the SharePoint list. As the field is a required field, it is only showing required info.

On the other hand, I being the creator of the custom PowerApp form, don't have this issue.

For your information, I have even tried to use MS Flow to manually update the sharepoint list, but it still didn't work. In addition, I have tried to create a new Person field in PowerApps form, which also had the same issue. I have also provided the full control SharePoint premission to my colleague, and it still didn't fix the problem.

Hence, please help me to fix this problem, this system was supposed to launch tomorrow.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Person or Group Type field data entered via custom Powerapps Form is not being shown in SharePoint list

Hi @Waqas ,

Do you mean that the custom form app work well few days before without any issue?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider take a try to re-store your custom form app to previous version, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about re-store your app to previous version, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/restore-an-app

You could also consider remove the custom form in your SP list, then re-create a new one for it, check if the issue still exists. Please also take a try to enable the "Allow selection of Groups" option for your Person type column in your SP list, then try your custom form app again, check if the issue is fixed.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new SP List, then re-create a custom form app for the new created SP list using PowerApps, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Waqas
Level: Powered On

Re: Person or Group Type field data entered via custom Powerapps Form is not being shown in SharePoint list

Hi Kris Dai,

I don't have time to create a new SP list with custom form again, as I have already done a lot of customization on the PowerApps form. However, I have tried your other solutions, but it still didn't work.

By the way, I did solve this problem by an alternative way, by adding a Text fields in to the PowerApps form which will get the value from the Person Type fields. This solution was a temporary workaround and it was working fine.

However, now also this solution is not working, when my manager opens the link he can only see the field "Applicant" as blank, without the Applicant name.

Please advice if there is any other solution, which can help me to fix this issue, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,021)