cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Photo upload - Sharepoint List/Powerapp

Hello,

I've set up a powerapp, against a sharepoint list. When inputting the data into the app, the data successfully stores in the sharepoint list.

However, one of the columns I set up on the Sharepoint list is a 'Picture Column' (please see images below).

Is it possible to take photgraphs on a powerapp, which then uploads to a sharepoint list?

Am I on the right lines by setting up a picture column?

Anyone got any advice on how this could work?

Thanks,

Jon
pic 1.pngpic 2.png

5 REPLIES 5
Microsoft Employee

Re: Photo upload - Sharepoint List/Powerapp

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how the photo section looks in edit mode. Evidence is where I want the photo section would be.

Capture.PNG

luuminhvuong93
Level: Powered On

Same questions ! any solution?

Super User
Super User

Here is a video by Paul O'Flaherty and in the video he uses Flow with his PowerApp to take the image captured in PowerApps and convert it to a format SharePoint recognizes and adds it to SharePoint. You might find his solution useful in solving your issue.

PowerApps: Take a Photo, add metadata and upload to SharePoint Doc Library

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xMLprDTjU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Hiattech
Level: Powered On

similar question but I don't want the app to take the picture, I want to select a photo from my PC/phone to upload.  I used the add picture button to select the picture and then I'm trying to make an upload button that will save it to the SharePoint list.  I've tried following Paul's video which is helpful but it only explains how to do it when taking a picture.  Here's my app and the text I've tried using for the button.  

Attempted: Patch('Truck Inventory', BrowseGallery1.Selected,{Item_Pic:AddMediaButton4})

Attempted: Patch('Truck Inventory',Defaults('Truck Inventory'), BrowseGallery1.Selected,{Item_Pic:AddMediaButton4})

Attempted: Patch('Truck Inventory',Defaults('Truck Inventory'), {Title: Item_x0020__x0028_CIMs_x0029__x0_DataCard2.DisplayName,Item_Pic:AddMediaButton4})

I got it to work briefly yesterday but it wasn't uploading the photos in the right format so it wouldn't load outside my PC. I changed things to try to get it to load right and now can't remember what I had in the field that made it work. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,117)