cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naesio
Level: Powered On

Picture from Excel (One Drive)

Hello everyone.

I am developing an app on PowerApp using an excel database that is shared on One Drive.

There is a column (Pictures) in excel spreadsheet (database) that I put the image link, but when I run the App in PowerApp does not appear the image (only shows the link).

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Picture from Excel (One Drive)

Hi @Naesio ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The data structure of my Excel table as below:6.JPG

Based above Excel table, I generated an app, the Excel table records displayed well within the Gallery as below:7.JPG

Please consider re-configure your Excel table based on the the following article:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/tutorial-working-with-images-in-excel

then re-generate a new app based on the new Excel table, check if the issue is solved.

Please consider add a Label control within your Gallery, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.Image

then check if the Label could display proper Image Url link.

In addition, please also make sure the Image URL link you typed within the Image[Image] column in your Excel table is a URL link without any authentication requirement.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

@Naesio 

What is the Image property of your picture control set to?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Naesio

If I understood your question. I'm just adding the image (web) link in the Excel cell.

Super User
Super User

@Naesio 

So, you need to look at the Image property of the picture control in your Gallery and see what the property is set to.  

It should be set to ThisItem.Image[Image] based on what I see for your excel file.

So, in your Gallery, click on the picture control and then look at the properties for that and see what the Image property is set to.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Highlighted
Naesio

@Rand 

Super User
Super User

@Naesio 

Yes, so, I am guessing, your intention is to have the Image displayed that is referenced by the URL from your excel file.

If that is the case, then you will need to change that property to ThisItem.Image[Image]  - again, the Image[Image] is what appears to be your column name for that value.  If not, then adjust accordingly.

Naesio

@RandyHayes 

...and this case?

Super User
Super User

@Naesio 

It would really be the same column name you want there.

This is all assuming that PowerApps sees your column name as "Image[Image]" as it appears in your excel file.  If it has another name for it, then you will want to use that.

Naesio

Can there be a delay for PowerApp to read the image?

Because I put Image (ThisItem.Image).

In this case, the column in Excel is "Image [Image]" have a problem?

Super User
Super User

@Naesio 

Not really.  But, you are only assigning a URL to the Image (through the information in your excel file), so it is at the mercy of all the hops that it has to go through to get the bits from the source server.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,626)