cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jstark123
Level: Powered On

Pictures Not Collecting/Displaying Properly

I'm having a strange issue with the camera/image features in my apps.

I have two apps with camera controls and galleries to display their images. They are both set up identically, with the OnSelect property of the camera control set to 

Collect(Pictures, Camera1.Photo)

On the same screen in both apps, there is a gallery with the items set to Pictures and an image with the Image property set to ThisItem.Url.

In one app, the control works perfectly, collecting pictures and displaying them in the gallery. In the other, the collection gets bigger and a scroll bar shows in the gallery when I take enough pictures, but they are all completely blank.

I have tried this several times in several different apps, all exactly identical, and it seems to be completely random if the control works properly or not. All tested across multiple devices (my computer, two different android devices, and one iPhone) and not working properly as well.

In the middle of writing this post, I went back to test the camera control that wasn't working properly. It worked once, but "takes" the exact same picture each time.

Is anyone else having this issue? What's wrong with the camera control in PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Pictures Not Collecting/Displaying Properly

Hi @jstark123 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with your operation.

If you want to capture the image taken via the "Camera" control, please type your formula within the OnSelect property of the Camera control rather than add another button/icon to collect the captured images from Camera control.

If you type the Collect(..) formula within the OnSelect property of the another "Button"/"Icon", when you press the Icon, it would save a blank image into your Pictures collection.

Please also check and see if the following thread would also help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Camera-images-not-displaying-in-collection-Co...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jstark123
Level: Powered On

It appears this is caused when there is an icon with the OnSelect property set to collect the picture from the camera on the screen with the camera. Selecting the icon once will break the control until you delete it and reinsert all controls/media and rename your collections. Even setting the OnSelect property of the icon to Select(Camera1) does not work.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @jstark123 ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think there is something wrong with your operation.

If you want to capture the image taken via the "Camera" control, please type your formula within the OnSelect property of the Camera control rather than add another button/icon to collect the captured images from Camera control.

If you type the Collect(..) formula within the OnSelect property of the another "Button"/"Icon", when you press the Icon, it would save a blank image into your Pictures collection.

Please also check and see if the following thread would also help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Camera-images-not-displaying-in-collection-Co...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,800)