cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Djanan
Level: Powered On

Pop message

I have an app that change status on Work items with the patch function. My data source is Excel published on Onedrive. 

When the status change is completed I want a pop up message appears that says that the status change has been done succesfully. 

My confirm button that triggers the status change with the patch function

button patch.jpg

Below it is the pop up window I need help with:

pop up message.jpg

gobackbutton.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Pop message

Hi @Djanan ,

Do you want to show up the Pop-Up message after you change the Status value successfully with Patch function?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the context variable could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

1. Add the following formula after your Patch formula:

ForAll(
            RenameColumns(Filter(Gallery1_8.AllItems, Checkbox1_17.Value = true), "ID", "ID1"),
            Patch(
                        Tickets,
                         LookUp(Tickets, ID = ID1),
            )
);
UpdateContext({ShowUpPop: true})   /* <-- Add this formula */

Set the Visible property of the Group1 to following:

If(ShowUpPop, true, false)

Set the OnSelect property of the "OK" button (Button2) to following:

UpdateContext({ShowUpPop: false})

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mdevaney
Level 8

@Djanan 

Are you asking for a general method to make the pop-up appear after the status change is completed?

My general method is to create a variable that will indicate when the pop-up should appear.  Put this code in the OnStart property of your app.

Set(popUpVisible,false);

We want to show the pop up after the PATCH is completed.  Put this code in the OnSelect property of your confirm button as the last line of code

Set(popUpVisible,true);

The pop up should be hidden when the user clicks the OK button on the pop up.  Put this code in the OnSelect property of the OK button.

Set(popUpVisible,false);

Finally, put the variable into the Visible property of your pop up controls RectQuickActionBar_29, Button2, Label2.

popUpVisible

Hopefully this is what you wanted to do.  Please let me know if my method works.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

You can just use UpdateContext() to do this. 

Screen OnVisible = UpdateContext({showPopup:false})

On the submit button after your submit form put = UpdateContext({showPopup:true})

The visible property for your popup group = showPopup

and then the Ok button to close it is = UpdateContext({showPopup:false})

It is pretty simple to do. Let me know if you have any trouble with it. 

Also, Here are some ways you can do the popups with timers instead if you have the need:

https://youtu.be/Ca5Fw6NxctQ

mdevaney
Level 8

Didn't know you had a Youtube channel @rebeccas.  I subscribed just now Cat Wink

Super User
Super User

@mdevaney 

Don't get too excited...I'm not great at videos and go through phases of posting them and then none for a while. Usually I just do them when someone ask a question I can't explain here well, I do a video and post it instead...lol

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Djanan ,

Do you want to show up the Pop-Up message after you change the Status value successfully with Patch function?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the context variable could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

1. Add the following formula after your Patch formula:

ForAll(
            RenameColumns(Filter(Gallery1_8.AllItems, Checkbox1_17.Value = true), "ID", "ID1"),
            Patch(
                        Tickets,
                         LookUp(Tickets, ID = ID1),
            )
);
UpdateContext({ShowUpPop: true})   /* <-- Add this formula */

Set the Visible property of the Group1 to following:

If(ShowUpPop, true, false)

Set the OnSelect property of the "OK" button (Button2) to following:

UpdateContext({ShowUpPop: false})

Please consider take a try with above solution, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Djanan
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msft It worked thanks a lot. 

@rebeccas and @mdevaney thank you for your help. Sorry for late answer but I tried with your codes and I got some error. Probably It needed some small adjustement. I will for sure look at your videos Rebecca

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 314 members 4,764 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: