cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gene
Level: Powered On

Populate a dropdown from a List where I need to filter by a date

Probably a newbie issue.

This is this the formula I am trying to use to populate a fitered list in a dropdon.

It seems PowerApps does not see the ( Schedule.'Week of' ) as date.   This is clearly setup as a date within the list.

Distinct(Filter(Schedule, DateDiff(Schedule.'Week of', DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)) = 0), Schedule.Target)

I get a invalid argument type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gene

Re: Populate a dropdown from a List where I need to filter by a date

I am afraid I have moved to a simpler solution.   So I can no longer provide any more details.

You are welcome to delete the thread.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gene

A little more troubleshoooting.....  I found out Poweapps is seeing the SP List Field as a number and it's a large number like excel's native format.

So now how do I convert Today's date to a number or convert the List date field 'Week of' to a date for comparison?

gene

So thinking the the date field in SharePoint 'Week of' is in a "DateValue" format, I tried setting this part in a DateValue "DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)" So the entire formula would be

Distinct(Filter(Schedule, DateDiff(Schedule.'Week of', DateValue(DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2))) = 0), Schedule.Target)

I still get a Invalid argument type on the operator. 

Still lost.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @gene,

Could you please share more details about your error message with your formula in your app?

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I have made a test, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:2.JPG

If the 'Week of' column is a Date type column in your SP list, I think there is no syntax error with the formula that you provided.

Please take a try to modify your formula as below:

Distinct(
Filter(Schedule, DateDiff('Week of', DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)) = 0),
Target
)

In addition, if PowerApps recognize the 'Week of' column (of your 'Schedule' SP list) as a Number type column, and you want to convert the 'Week of' column value into a Date value, please take a try with the following workaround:

Distinct(
Filter(
Schedule,
DateDiff(DateValue(Text('Week of')), DateAdd(Today(), -Weekday(Today())+2)) = 0
),
Target
)

If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to re-create your SP list, and create a new app based on this SP list, try above formula again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
gene

I am afraid I have moved to a simpler solution.   So I can no longer provide any more details.

You are welcome to delete the thread.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,096)