cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ldurland
Level: Powered On

Re: Possible to print out entire PowerApps form?

The link I provided above has a good example to get you going. Take a look at the bottom of the page. Shows you the basic approach. Hopefully they do bring out a wysiwig editor specifically for reporting. Fingers crossed.
Matrusena_FZE
Level: Power Up

Link is missing. Kindly re-post link.
ldurland

jcollins

I'm in the process of trying to figure this one out as well. My thought is to use Flow to send an email with all the submitted info and then just print the email to PDF. Looks like sending the email via Flow is easy enough but it would be a manual process to then print email to pdf.   Would love to see this discussion finalize on a solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jcollins, that's a great idea! I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm also going to experiment with getting all submitted information sent as an email. I realize that it's not ideal for the printing portion to be manual, but so far, that's a better (and less time consuming) solution, in my opinion.

It would be wonderful if a better solution were possible or realized after all of this. I wonder if it would be a good idea to post this as a new feature request? Or if someone has already done so. I haven't looked to see whether that's the case, yet.

skmcken
Level 8

Have you tried using your App within PowerBi. We have started to integrate a couple of our Apps into PowerBI and then use a Drill through HTML Report for users to print.

PowerBI Screen 1.PNGPowerBI Main Report PageDrillthrough.PNGDrill Through Print Page

Cologne_Claret

Take a look at this video from PowerApps Guru Shane Young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rfAQe1kK8M

He creates an HTML output form, adding a logo as required using MS Flow and a Concat expression. He then converts to PDF saved in OneDrive which can then be sent via email to a user or of course printed.

Yet another excellent Shane Young tutorial!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing that link! The video did help with a lot of the foundational work, but I'm still needing to try and figure out how to send text/data from PowerApps fields to specific columns in the HTML output. 

Does anyone know how to go about doing that? 

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,238)