cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanW
Level: Powered On

Power Apps License Change - API limits

I did not see anything about this in the blog post on the license changes, but the announcement just hit and it has new API limits in it.  In March, Microsoft went from an API limit of 60k to 4000 calls every 5 minutes per user.  With this new announcement, if you are using the Per App plan, it is limited to 1,000 calls per user, per 24 hours.  So a potential, 1.1m calls per day down to 1k per day.  Am I reading this right?  This is a massive reduction and will destroy an app I have spent the better part of a year building and getting our organization to adopt.  I am already going to have to ask my company to spend more just to support the new licensing model.

Reference https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/api-request-limits-allocations

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Power Apps License Change - API limits

Hi,

It looks like it's advising that the total calls are cumulative per license, so if you have a Per App and they already have an Office365 license, then it will be 2000 + 1000.

Is your App making the calls or the Flow behind it? if it's the Flow then you could get a Per Flow license that would give you 15k +2k (for Office365 license), so 17k calls/user/day. This works out to one every 5.08 seconds in 24hours, or 1 every 1.69s in an 8Hour workday, which may be a throttling limit if your App runs for that entire 8 hour period..

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
DanW
Level: Powered On

The ones I am referring to are not being called from flow, they are being called from JS web resources inside a model driven app.  I understand the need for rate limiting.  But going from 4k every 5 minutes, to 1k every 24 hours isn't rate limiting.  

Super User
Super User

Yeah, I do agree that it's a biit of an 'arrow to the knee' - I was only trying to see if there was any way we could come up with a workaround 🙂

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,650)