cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alan-li
Level: Powered On

Power Apps Release Application

When I was testing the release canvas application, I found that the released application could only be seen within the company. Was it because I missed it when reading the release document or was it because the current Power Apps could only be used within the company

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Power Apps Release Application

Hi @alan-li 

Preview is by its nature, not for Production. The first announcement within the documentation actually states this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/overview

"Important

• Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.

• Preview features have limited support by Microsoft Support and may be available only in selected geographic areas."

Cheers,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @alan-li 

The preview of the portal works only with the CDS so that's the reason why you're unable to add data sources. I suspect this will still be case when it goes live, in the same way that model apps work.

8 REPLIES 8
Super User
Super User

Hi,

For external access, you will need to use a PowerApps Portal,

Here's some info:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-powerapps-portals-powerful-low-code-websites-...

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/powerapps-portals-is-now-available-for-public-preview/

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps-portals/

Kind Regards,

ManCat

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
alan-li

I know, but this is a preview release, and it doesn't feel very stable for commercial development

Super User
Super User

Hi @alan-li 

Preview is by its nature, not for Production. The first announcement within the documentation actually states this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/overview

"Important

• Preview features aren’t meant for production use and may have restricted functionality. These features are available before an official release so that customers can get early access and provide feedback.

• Preview features have limited support by Microsoft Support and may be available only in selected geographic areas."

Cheers,

ManCat

alan-li

Yes, I see it, but when will it be officially released? Editing the portal template is also a bit troublesome, which needs to be written with Liquid. I have been studying the Power Platform recently, and many functions in it still need a user license, which is not very friendly for my commercial development

Super User
Super User

Hi @alan-li 

If you look at the Roadmap, it states that GA is for October 2019.

Your last statement regarding commercial usage - you are saying that in a commercial and paid environment, you are concerned with having to pay for licenses for premium functionality? It's then worth considering that the Portals are free now while they are in Preview, however once they are GA then the prices will be roughly:

"

• External users (authenticated) will be $200 for 100 logins/month.
  • External users (anonymous) will be $100 for 100,000 web page views/month.
  • Internal users are able to access portals using a PowerApps per app or per user plan as per above.

"

Kind Regards,

ManCat

alan-li

Ok, thank you very much 
     The cost is the boss's problem
     I have one more question, Am I missing something or is the preview of the portal really unable to add data sources

Super User
Super User

Hi @alan-li 

The preview of the portal works only with the CDS so that's the reason why you're unable to add data sources. I suspect this will still be case when it goes live, in the same way that model apps work.

alan-li

ok , thank you very much . Then I have no problem

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,402)