cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Integration.Data issue

I am trying to embed a Power App into a Power BI report, and use toher visuals to filter the Power App display. Following the syntax in the PowerApps Custom visual guidance, I came up with the following 

Items property: LookUp('Long Term Deferrals',Title=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).EVENT_NAME)

returns me the expected Title that matches the EVENT_NAME field in the Power BI PowerApp visual. However, if I add a ReductionFormula in an attempt to display a different field from that record, I get an error. 

LookUp('Long Term Deferrals',Title=First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).EVENT_NAME,Display_x0020_Name)

"The property expects Table values, but this rule produces incompatible Text values."

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Power BI Integration.Data issue

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you type your LookUp formula within the Items property of the Gallery in your embedded app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the LookUp function in PowerApps.

In default (do not specify ReductionFormula argument), the LookUp function would return a record value that satisfies a formula. But if you specify the ReductionFormula argument within the LookUp function, the LookUp function would return a Single value.

The Items property of the Gallery is required to provide a Table value or record value rather than a single value. If you want to display the Display Name column value wthin the Gallery, you could consider add a Label within the Gallery, then set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.Display_x0020_Name

On your side, you should set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

LookUp('Long Term Deferrals', Title = First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).EVENT_NAME)

within the Gallery, add a Label control, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.Display_x0020_Name      /* <-- ThisItem.ColumnName */

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you type your LookUp formula within the Items property of the Gallery in your embedded app?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think you have some misunderstanding on the LookUp function in PowerApps.

In default (do not specify ReductionFormula argument), the LookUp function would return a record value that satisfies a formula. But if you specify the ReductionFormula argument within the LookUp function, the LookUp function would return a Single value.

The Items property of the Gallery is required to provide a Table value or record value rather than a single value. If you want to display the Display Name column value wthin the Gallery, you could consider add a Label within the Gallery, then set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.Display_x0020_Name

On your side, you should set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

LookUp('Long Term Deferrals', Title = First(PowerBIIntegration.Data).EVENT_NAME)

within the Gallery, add a Label control, set the Text property to following:

ThisItem.Display_x0020_Name      /* <-- ThisItem.ColumnName */

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Thanks for posting in the community @Anonymous - can you review the above reply and update the thread if it was helpful?

Thank you,

@TopShelf-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,829)