cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesenavaranjan
Level: Powered On

Power apps communication with SQL and reading column types, is not null etc.

I have a question regarding how Power apps communicates to SQL database, If I were to submit a new form, which would add a row to the SQL database, is Power apps able to read from the SQL database to see which fields are 'not null' and therefore compulsory fields. And therefore can Power apps be configured to pick up this and tell the user that the field is compulsory, and only allow the user to submit if the fields are all filled in correctly. I want this to dynamically pick up from the information in the SQL database and not configured on the power apps front end Many thanks for your help Jese
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Power apps communication with SQL and reading column types, is not null etc.

Hi Jese,

When we create a form against a SQL table, PowerApps automatically adds required field validation for fields that are set 'not null'. In the screenshot beneath, we can see how PowerApps adds the associated validation logic, and the * symbol against the Firstname field (this is set to not null in the database).

image.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Power apps communication with SQL and reading column types, is not null etc.

Hi Jese,

When we create a form against a SQL table, PowerApps automatically adds required field validation for fields that are set 'not null'. In the screenshot beneath, we can see how PowerApps adds the associated validation logic, and the * symbol against the Firstname field (this is set to not null in the database).

image.png

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,072)