cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rg4963
Level: Powered On

Power apps form want add to sharepoint list once user puts infomation

I have added the power apps form to a SharePoint page. When entering in the information on the form the data doesn't go to the SharePoint list any reason why ? I don't have any flows setup because I'm only asking for name , guest name , attending ? , and another felid text box.   

9 REPLIES 9
PowerAddict
Level 8

Re: Power apps form want add to sharepoint list once user puts infomation

Hi, how are you submitting the form? Is there a button that has an OnSelect property like SubmitForm(Form1)? 

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Rg4963

Yes and it redirect to another page after clicking save but I need the information to go to the SharePoint list .

PowerAddict
Level 8

Two questions:
1. Can you please tell me what you have in the datasource and item property of the form?
2. Any reason you can use Patch instead of SubmitForm?

If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)
Rg4963

how do I use a Patch ? I just need the data to go back to the SharePoint list after someone enter in information.

PowerAddict
Level 8

Can you please tell me what you have in the datasource and item property of the form?

Patch is another way to submit data back to a datasource but before we get to that if you can either give me the info I have asked here or share an image of the Advanced properties of the form, that will be very helpful.

---

Hardit(Haman)
Rg4963

Okay, Please let me know if this what you needed.

PowerAddict
Level 8

Sorry I got injured yesterday. Will respond soon.
Rg4963

Okay
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Rg4963 ,

Do you custom a form in your SP list using PowerApps or create a standalone canvas app?

Based on the screenshot that you provided, I suppose that you have customized a form in your SP list using PowerApps, is it true? Why not create a standalone canvas app based on your SP list, then embed this canvas app into your SP Site page?

Please make sure the Edit form you used to collect user's enter data is "FormNew" rather than "FormEdit". Also please consider move your Launch(...) formula from the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to the OnSuccess property of the FormNew form.

Set the OnSelect property of the "Save" button to following:

SubmitForm(FormNew)

Set the OnSuccess property of the FormNew to following:

Refresh('Your SP List');
Launch("https://waste.../Pages/Home.aspx")

Please make sure the FormNew form is connected to your SP List. In other words, the DataSource property of the FormNew form has been connected to your SP List data source.

If the issue still exists, please consider generate an standalone canvas app based on your SP list, then embed the generated app into your SP Site page.

You could also consider create a Blank app, then add a Edit form in it, set the DefaultMode property of the Edit form to DisplayMode.Edit, connect the form to your SP List. Then add a "Save" button, set the OnSelect property to following:

SubmitForm(Form1)

Set the OnSuccess property of the FormNew to following:

Refresh('Your SP List');
ResetForm(Form1);
Launch("https://waste.../Pages/Home.aspx")

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

If you want to use Patch function to submit your form data, please consider take a try with the following formula within the OnSelect property of "Submit" button:

Patch(
      'YourSPList',
      Defaults('YourSPList'),
      {
         Title: TextInput1.Text,
         'Guest Name': TextInput2.Text,
         'Attending?': Radio1.Selected.Value,
      }
);
ResetForm(FormNew);
Launch("https://..../Pages/Home.aspx")

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 135 members 5,370 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: