cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whoop3r
Level: Power Up

PowerApp Issue [Muilt Datasources]

Hello all,

I've been developing an IT Inventory app on Powerapps based off Sharepoint lists. Currently, there is a list for cell phones and a list for desktops/laptops/printer/etc. My current issue is displaying data from the two Sharepoint lists in one View form (More info below).

Some information:
Cell Phone list contains: IMEI,Model,Carrier, and etc.
Main Inventory list contains: Asset Type (Cell,desktop,laptop,etc..),Model,Mac Address, etc..

If I use the PowerApp and add a device through the app, by default it will go to Main Inventory list. If I select Asset Type as Cell Phone, it will enter the information required into Cell Phone list via Patch. Everything is working as it's supposed too... even removing said item(s). 

Only issue is all my galleries datasource is the Main Inventory list. Only thing the Main Inventory list knows about the Cell Phone is well.. that it's a cell phone and who it's assigned too. All other data is in the Cell Phone list. So if I click on one of the Cell Phone devices for details.. it only pulls the data from Main Inventory... which shows IMEI,User assigned too.... as null. Is there a way to select info from both lists to display the information needed? I've tried to do a lookup w/ GUID in the Items properties of the datacardvaue but that doesn't seem to work.

Hopefully I was clear enough. I've been working on the project for the past month and been reading/watching videos. Just havent figured out a way to handle this... unless I use Collect?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApp Issue [Muilt Datasources]

Hi @whoop3r,

You might need to take use of two Display form in your scenario.

One default for the Main Inventory list, no need to change much details.

Another need to configure with the Cell Phone list, with the following details:

Data Source: Cell Phone List,

Item: Lookup (Cell Phone List, IDField=Gallery.Selected.Id)

Then configure the navigation properly.

For how to work with form control in PowerApps, see:

Understand form in PowerApps

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,177)