cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adi007
Level: Powered On

PowerApp is not updating Sharepoint list when submit

Hello everyone, i have question about powerapp and sharepoint list, so the scenario goes like this:

I have list created in Sharepoint with customized columns and so on, i have generated the list to Powerapp and everything works fine, i can see the current list on powerapp and so on. My problem is that, when i make new item and press "create" it does create and comes up on pwerapp list BUT i have to refresh every time browser where the Sharepoint List is open so i can see new just created item in there. Is there way when you make new item in powerapp to be auto-updated in Sharepoint list for no need to refresh browser to appear??

submit code is SubmitForm(EditForm1)  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Adi007

Re: PowerApp is not updating Sharepoint list when submit

i will need to come back on this and say i found solution and where was the issues.

Sharepoint list will NOT REFRESH if you have ID column visible and generated in PowerApp, so if you want that Sharepoint List is displaying automatically your created list then HIDE ID column!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
PowerAddict
Level 10

Can you add Refresh(DataSource) in the OnSuccess event of your form?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Adi007

did try it now but sharepoint list did not update, i had to refresh browser to make it appear on list, but one good thing with this code is that, when i submit now the ticket it shows it on list strait away no delay or loading on powerapp :), but Sharepoint list is not working still :(. 

PowerAddict
Level 10

Seems like this is what you want? https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Auto-refresh-sharepoint-list-with-custom-Power-...

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos. And if this solves your problem, please accept this reply as the solution. Thanks!

Hardit(Haman)

Adi007

yes, thats the idea i need, so as i can see this is just not possible with default form list RIP, one option is to create all over again and Flow to work in background, or is there any other way myb or idea?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Adi007 ,

Are you using the standalone app? If so, then this should be expected behavior. The changes you made from standalone app won't show from the data source before a refreshing of the data source.

But if you mean the custom form created from SharePoint list site,  then the changes should show immediately after you submitting them.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Adi007

i have just import existing Sharepoint List to power app, then powerapp have generate the forms it self and thats it

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Adi007 ,

Then a standalone app it is. This is expected result. You will need to manually refresh the web browser to make the update show in SharePoint.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Adi007

thank you very much for clarifying this  

Adi007

i will need to come back on this and say i found solution and where was the issues.

Sharepoint list will NOT REFRESH if you have ID column visible and generated in PowerApp, so if you want that Sharepoint List is displaying automatically your created list then HIDE ID column!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,860)