cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stocktho
Level: Powered On

PowerApp with List referencing related content in a Library

I'm working on a PowerApp with list and the standard Browse, Detail and edit screens. Each line item in the list mulitple corresponding files in a library. I want to be able to review the files in the library that correspond to the list item. There is a list Item ID in the list and I've added metadata to the library with the same ID, thus we have a common key. How would I create a Library Detail page that could be navigated to from the Browse page to show only those files that correspond to a given line item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApp with List referencing related content in a Library

Hi stocktho,

According to your description, I create an app on my side. Hope it could be a reference for you.

I have a document library named TestLibrary2, and there is a Number column named ListID that correspond to the ID of the list item.

Create connections to both the list and the library.

On the BrowseGallery screen, show all the items of the list.

Add a new screen1, then add a gallery on it and set its Items property as: Filter(TestLibrary2,ListID=BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

Then when navigate from the BrowseGallery screen to screen1, the expected files will be displayed.

About how to add connection to SharePoint library, please check this blog for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/leveraging-sharepoint-document-library-and-calendar-lists...

Please try it on your side. If you need more help, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
stocktho

I'm working on a PowerApp with list and the standard Browse, Detail and edit screens. Each line item in the list mulitple corresponding files in a library. I want to be able to review the files in the library that correspond to the list item. There is a list Item ID in the list and I've added metadata to the library with the same ID, thus we have a common key. How would I create a Library Detail page that could be navigated to from the Browse page to show only those files that correspond to a given line item?

stocktho

I'm working on a PowerApp with list and the standard Browse, Detail and edit screens. Each line item in the list has mulitple corresponding files in a library. I want to be able to review the files in the library that correspond to the list item. There is a list "Item ID" in the list and I've added as metadata to the library with the same ID, thus we have a common key. How would I create a Library Detail page that could be navigated to, from the Browse page, to show only those files that correspond to a given line item?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi stocktho,

According to your description, I create an app on my side. Hope it could be a reference for you.

I have a document library named TestLibrary2, and there is a Number column named ListID that correspond to the ID of the list item.

Create connections to both the list and the library.

On the BrowseGallery screen, show all the items of the list.

Add a new screen1, then add a gallery on it and set its Items property as: Filter(TestLibrary2,ListID=BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID)

Then when navigate from the BrowseGallery screen to screen1, the expected files will be displayed.

About how to add connection to SharePoint library, please check this blog for a reference:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/leveraging-sharepoint-document-library-and-calendar-lists...

Please try it on your side. If you need more help, please feel free reply.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

stocktho

Thanks this worked perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 178 members 5,997 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: