cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
powerapps_dev
Level: Power Up

PowerApps Android - Attachments except images are not working "Something went wrong"

Hi Msft Team,

I've a canvas app to upload some details and attachments to an SPO custom list. The app is working fine in browsers on desktop and mobile versions in Apple and Windows environment.

When it comes to attaching files (Excel, PDF, Word, etc.) on the PowerApps (Google Play store latest version) on Samsung or OnePlus devices, the app throws error "Something went wrong" for the attachment card. It is allowing to upload images, but no other file can be attached.

Could you please point me to the resolution or if this is a known bug, let me know when the resolution is expected?

Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Android - Attachments except images are not working "Something went wrong"

Hi @powerapps_dev,

Are the files very large?

Currently the attachment control could only upload files up to 10 MB in size.

For the other limits, see the reference here:

Quoted:

"

The attachment control has these limitations:

1. Attachments are supported with SharePoint lists and CDS for Apps entities.

2. Upload and delete functionality only work inside a form. Attachment control will look disabled when in Edit mode and not inside a form. Note that in order to save the file additions and deletions to the back end, the end user must save the form.

3. You can only upload files up to 10 MB in size.

"

If that is not the case, could you please share your App ID & the corresponding Session ID here?

For how to find session ID, see:

Get a session ID or a canvas-app ID

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
powerapps-dev
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps Android - Attachments except images are not working "Something went wrong"

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

The attachment limitations are not the issue as all uploads are within parameters.

Session ID: ef76a06f-c1cc-4e43-99ce-27f8f4985546

App ID: e776fae2-304e-4037-acc5-85ac539cf6fe

Thank you

powerapps-dev

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

Any updates regarding this issue?

Thank you,

Regrads

NigelP
Level 8

Hi @powerapps-dev @v-micsh-msft

I have the same problem on a Samsung S8+ and a Samsung S3.

This has been outstanding for about 3 months - I reported the issue then.

Regards

Nigel

NigelP
Level 8

Hi

Here is my original post back in September :- https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/using-the-Attachments-card-on-a-mobile-phone-...

Regards

Nigel

Highlighted
s0ylaunica

Nothing yet? I'm having the same issue. Pixel 3.

powerapps-dev

Hi @v-micsh-msft

Are there any updates to this problem?

I am working on an app for a client as the solution to their business problem, so need to know how to move forward with this issue as a matter of urgency.

Regards

powerapps-dev

@v-micsh-msft,

Session ID: b18e72dc-ab44-46e0-99b5-c3962835bf29

Microsoft Employee

This is a known issue.  We have a fix for it.  The fix is not in production yet.  It should get deployed to production by early March.  Please stay tuned.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 384 members 6,102 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: