Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Vidanaw
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Branding

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me what is the best way to define the screen color, text font, color, button color, button border color, and size, etc.

I mean rather than setting up branding individually on each screen or button is there any way of setting up these in one place.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: PowerApps Branding

@Vidanaw 

One of the best solutions for branding I've seen was posted by @iAm_ManCat.  Suggest you take a look at the links below.  His Automagical Branding Template is available for download as an .msapp.  I found it fascinating to poke-around and see how his templating app works.  Kudos to iAm_ManCat!

I'm also curious to see what the other fourm members suggest.

iAm_ManCat's Branding Template App

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-App-Samples/Branding-Template-App-Automagical/td-p/363...

iAm_ManCat's Blog

https://www.iammancat.dev/2019/09/branding-template/

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

Super User
Super User

Thanks for the Shoutout @mdevaney 😄

Yes, you could use the V1 of my Branding Template to achieve that - the next version is due for release within a week (link will be the same, I'll just update the attachments. V2 is simplied to only require 3 colours and 3 text colours, and a label colour (so down to 7 from the 37 colours used in V1!)

I would rather you read the details within the App Samples as I still need to update the original Blog Post to mirror the better explanation I did within the App Sample 😄

I was literally showing someone an hour ago how they didn't have to individually change all of the controls and spend hours customizing, so this is really weird(and great) timing Cat Very Happy

Cheers,

Sancho

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Super User
Super User

@iAm_ManCat 

Awesome.  I'm looking forward to downloading your Branding App V2.  The minimization of colours the app creator must define will make it an even better.

What I particularly liked about your solution is that you designed it as a WYSIWYG interface With your app "What you see is what you get."  Anyone could use it!

Super User
Super User

Thanks! Yes, well the whole point was that I didn't understand why it wasn't a feature to begin with (yes there are some themes in-App and the theme editor, but those are static and don't apply to every item within the App, and they also have limitations)

The plan is to release V2 with a tri-colour basis, and then work on V3 with duo-color (particularly for me this is the goal as I currently brand my Apps using our company's two primary colours, not three, but I had to adapt what Microsoft used - 3 colours and faded versions of those - in order to reach the point we're at now)

Once those are both released, I'll create a version that is customizeable down to the individual control (ie you want the rest of the App to be Blue, but buttons need to be red and dropdowns need to be green) - however this will be a lot more 'developer'-level as it will require more configuration but end up with a lot more granular controls.

@Vidanaw I hope the current version of the template helps you to create Apps more easily without spending so much time configuring controls! Keep an eye out for the new version coming soon Cat Very Happy

Don't forget to 'Mark as Solution' if a post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or helped you!
Vidanaw
Level: Powered On

@iAm_ManCat  I m trying your App now will get back to you soon. Really appreciate your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,797)