Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mgadeyne
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Business Card Scanner - Something Happened, Try Again Later

Good Morning,

I have a Business Card Scanner PowerApp, where I can scan business cards with the AI builder, extract the contact info from the business card and create a Contact in Dynamics 365 for Sales.

When I run the app as an administrator, everything works fine. The administrator has the Dynamics 365 for Sales Enterprise license.

When I run the app as a test user, with an Dynamics 365 Team Members and PowerApps Plan 2 Trial license, I get the error message "Something happened, try again later".

Could this be a licensing issue?

something happened.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff JoeF-MSFT
PowerApps Staff

Re: PowerApps Business Card Scanner - Something Happened, Try Again Later

Hello @mgadeyne,

Check that the user has been assigned the Common Data Service User security role. You can see how to assign security role on the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

View solution in original post

PowerApps Staff

Hi @mgadeyne,

The user will need a PowerApps plan.

18 REPLIES 18
PowerApps Staff

Hello @mgadeyne,

Check that the user has been assigned the Common Data Service User security role. You can see how to assign security role on the following link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

mgadeyne

Hi @JoeF-MSFT ,

Thanks for your answer.

Do you know if the user license Dynamics 365 Team Members should suffice to run the canvas powerApp with a Business Card Scanner, or do they need a PowerApps Plan 1 / 2 license as well?

PowerApps Staff

Hi @mgadeyne,

The user will need a PowerApps plan.

cwlarsen30

I'm having the same issue.  The PowerApp was working fine from when I created it for a couple months, then around two weeks ago it stopped working with the error "something happened.  try again later."   I tried recreating the flow using the Business Card Scanner AI builder but still had the same issue.

I see on this thread suggestions such as  Common Data Service User and PowerApps Plan.  I'm not real familiar with that level of information, however, can you confirm I do have the proper access?  Attached is a screen shot of my Office account and what I have access to.

PowerApps Staff

Hi @cwlarsen30,

What might be happening is that the business card reader now requires an AI Builder add on/license. You can also start a free trial for 30 days. More info: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/administer-licensing

Or do you have already a trial/AI Builder license but still facing this issue?

mburczyk
Level: Power Up

Hi @JoeF-MSFT , 

What permissions within the Common Data Service User security role account for and resolve this issue?

Thanks!

PowerApps Staff

Hi @mburczyk

The security role will need to have at least Read access to the AI Model entity.

mburczyk
Level: Power Up

Hi @JoeF-MSFT , 

My users have been assigned a role with read access on the AI model entity and continue to receive the "Something Happened. Try again later." message. I updated the role to have Create, Write, Delete, Append, Append to, Assign, and Share at the USER level and Read access at the ORG level. I've also validated the AI Builder preview models is ON in the environment. There shouldn't be any issues regarding the Contact entity or related entities permissions. Any thoughts on what else I could check?
Thanks!

PowerApps Staff

Hi @mburczyk,

Thanks for reaching out. Do your users have a licence or started an AI Builder trial? Business card reader is now GA and required an AI Builder license or trial in order to use it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,687)